Trust a teacher or not? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

So I'm a sixth form student,currently preparing for my A2 exams. I have a teacher who I have always trusted and spoken to her about literally anything. So when I open up to her about my stress, (bearing in mind she's the only teacher I spoke to about my stress in terms of exams), I get called by another teacher, who is like a school counsellor, to ask if I'm okay and that staff have told her that they're concerned.

I ask her, to tell me who this teacher is that's told her but she refuses to tell me. So, this teacher who I trusted, is it likely that she's gone and told the school counsellor? Has she told her because she cares and is worried about me or is it that she just wants to see me suffering?

I don't mind her having told, but I would have liked it if she had atleast asked me if it was okay. I don't see why this teacher is making a if deal out of me stressing about my exams, I mean it's normal, every student I'm sure stresses. So does this mean she's just more concerned about me?

Should this prevent me from being more open to this teacher.
I mean now when I see her, I don't mention anything but she asks me if I'm okay, so I'm guessing it is her who told and I know that she really cares about me, because she wouldn't do this if it was another student.

Shall I ask this teacher if it was her who told the school counsellor? Shall I stop talking to this teacher about other stuff and just speak to her about the subject that she teaches and nothing else? Shall I still continue to joke around with this teacher like we normally do?

Thank you for any advice.
Issakatie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it seems likely that she probably did tell her but she probably did it out of concern for you rather than anything bad. there's no reason why you can't talk to both the counsellor and your teacher really but you could ask her that you would like it if she told you what she was saying to the counsellor in the future ?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Issakatie)
it seems likely that she probably did tell her but she probably did it out of concern for you rather than anything bad. there's no reason why you can't talk to both the counsellor and your teacher really but you could ask her that you would like it if she told you what she was saying to the counsellor in the future ?
Thank you, I'm glad that you say it's likely to be out of concern rather than anything else!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (164)
59.21%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
23.83%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
16.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed