Turn on thread page Beta

Late GCSE revision...What should I do? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a GCSE exam in 2 weeks and I have only started revising now. I regret not starting my revision earlier as I have so much to learn and revise. I am not sure weather I will be able to remember all the information when I actually do the exam. I tried taking notes from sources that my teacher gave me, but I feel like I am just copying the information and making it harder for myself.
    Please give me advise on the methods
    of revision that I should be using. And how to remember all the information for the exam?
    Thx in advance😁
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If copying/writing notes aren’t helping you then you could watch YouTube videos on the content u need to learn and maybe by listening to it and looking at the way the videos present the topics it would benefit u more?

Could also try listening to pod casts on GCSE Pod which are quick ways of all the topics being explained which would save time and u would end up covering more in such a short period

Hope this helps, don’t stress!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! 😁 I’ll take your advise and hopefully it will help.

ReputationRep:
    I haven’t started either and I’m meant to get 8s n 9s don’t worry u good

ReputationRep:
    Do active revision instead of passive revision. This makes your work a lot more productive. For example, instead of copying out notes, do practice questions, test yourself with flash cards or try teach what your learning to a friend or family member.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I’ll keep that in mind and try it out.

ReputationRep:
    don’t worry, i haven’t even started learning/memorising my revision cards yet and i only have two weeks left ! i’m stressing but glad i’m not alone !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imogendale)
    don’t worry, i haven’t even started learning/memorising my revision cards yet and i only have two weeks left ! i’m stressing but glad i’m not alone !
    (Original post by Raghad191)
    I have a GCSE exam in 2 weeks and I have only started revising now. I regret not starting my revision earlier as I have so much to learn and revise. I am not sure weather I will be able to remember all the information when I actually do the exam. I tried taking notes from sources that my teacher gave me, but I feel like I am just copying the information and making it harder for myself.
    Please give me advise on the methods
    of revision that I should be using. And how to remember all the information for the exam?
    Thx in advance😁
    same!

late 4 revision quad!!

ReputationRep:
    what subject is this?

ReputationRep:
    Religious Education

ReputationRep:
    Religious Education
    make notes on quotes and key beliefs and you should be okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydiarutharnold)
    make notes on quotes and key beliefs and you should be okay
    Ok thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm late too, but I at least started for maths ages ago, and revised for one of my computer science papers a lot games ago and just remember a lot of it, and one of the physics a paper I just remember and know a lot of the stuff, but I'm still stuffed for the remainder of the papers and my French speking.
    Don't worry you'll make it but you gotta cram.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iahmed512)
    I'm late too, but I at least started for maths ages ago, and revised for one of my computer science papers a lot games ago and just remember a lot of it, and one of the physics a paper I just remember and know a lot of the stuff, but I'm still stuffed for the remainder of the papers and my French speking.
    Don't worry you'll make it but you gotta cram.
    same i only did a bittt of maths :argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smokescreeen318)
    what subject is this?
    Religious Education

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chidowee)
    same i only did a bittt of maths :argh:
    Are you good at maths?

ReputationRep:
    Religious Education
    Past papers m8. Trust me, they help the most.Practice and revision AND you get to know what the examiner wants from you.

ReputationRep:
    Past papers m8. Trust me, they help the most.Practice and revision AND you get to know what the examiner wants from you.
    Yes, no one really knows what they want so yes practice papers are very helpful, actual past papers won't be that useful even for RS because the things they might want you to include might not be the same, and even how they give out the marks and how much marks for certain questions. If examiner reports are available it still might be good to look at to see what top level candidates included and what to avoid, but I doubt they will be available much though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iahmed512)
    Yes, no one really knows what they want so yes practice papers are very helpful, actual past papers won't be that useful even for RS because the things they might want you to include might not be the same, and even how they give out the marks and how much marks for certain questions. If examiner reports are available it still might be good to look at to see what top level candidates included and what to avoid, but I doubt they will be available much though.
    Thank you! I will have a look at it.

ReputationRep:
    I would say to read the context of the exam and revise the topics that you really find difficult.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.