The Student Room Group

WJEC Eduqas English lit poetry prediction

Hi.
I am wondering if anyone has any predictions of what poetry theme might come up for this year's English lit exam. My teacher suggests war. She said they might suit the years 1918-2018 theme. What you all thinking?
i agree, no war poems on the spec papers or past papers
Reply 2
I hope it's war. Would like the classic Dulce to come up.
Original post by kizzywizzy
I hope it's war. Would like the classic Dulce to come up.

how do you revise the poems?
Reply 4
I use the provided anthology. Did your teacher give you one? I also invested £6 and bought the CGP anthology. It's already analysed, provides structure points and context of poems. It also has many exam style questions to do. Worth the buy.
Original post by kizzywizzy
I use the provided anthology. Did your teacher give you one? I also invested £6 and bought the CGP anthology. It's already analysed, provides structure points and context of poems. It also has many exam style questions to do. Worth the buy.

yea i use both them, do you revise the analysis with like revision cards or something?
Reply 6
Original post by Gent2324
yea i use both them, do you revise the analysis with like revision cards or something?

To be fair I just run through exam questions and just drill quotes in my head.
Reply 7
It will be nature because from last year 2018 the original Gcses it came Mametz Wood which was war and in 2017 it came up the sonnet 43.Which clearly suggests it will come up nature or power ???Only Wjec Eduqas who agree with me ????
Reply 8
Yeah, I agree with the bases of this prediction I have a feeling it could be nature because love and war has already come up.
Original post by Za ul
It will be nature because from last year 2018 the original Gcses it came Mametz Wood which was war and in 2017 it came up the sonnet 43.Which clearly suggests it will come up nature or power ???Only Wjec Eduqas who agree with me ????
Reply 9
The theme of war came up last year through the poem Mametz Wood? wjec eduquas
Original post by Gent2324
i agree, no war poems on the spec papers or past papers
Original post by Ram181
The theme of war came up last year through the poem Mametz Wood? wjec eduquas

I made that post before the exam
Reply 11
didn't check the date-sorry.
I agree I think ozymandias will be coming up
I agree Its going to be nature or powers however I feel like ozymandias will be coming up
Original post by Za ul

Original post by Ram181
Yeah, I agree with the bases of this prediction I have a feeling it could be nature because love and war has already come up.
English teacher has discussed the possibility of the theme place? With London and Living Space for example. Seems out there but I think it could be possible.
Original post by Za ul

The sample was To Autumn though. I think it'll be like time and growing up
Original post by Za ul
It will be nature because from last year 2018 the original Gcses it cayeame Mametz Wood which was war and in 2017 it came up the sonnet 43.Which clearly suggests it will come up nature or power ???Only Wjec Eduqas who agree with me ????

Yeah but on the specimen papers they've given To Autumn so it might not be likely then again the exam boards are unpredictable
Wow war did come up
And I didn’t even revise it
Original post by Sunice34
Wow war did come up
And I didn’t even revise it

What did you compare it with?
Manhunt
I’m over it now don’t really care I never have to see a qoute again in my life
Original post by Lillia.c
OWhat did you compare it with?

Quick Reply

Latest