clock087
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey, I'm doing AQA 9-1 Geography and wondering if we need to know the primary effects, secondary effects, immediate response and long-term response to both earthquakes and volcanoes or only one.

Another question is that our school still hasn't given us our material for paper 3, is this normal?

Thank you!
clock087
Rep:
?
Any help? Thank you
purplepasta
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
your class teacher should have taught you a case study for either volcanoes or earthquake s you don't need both
:)Esss:)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by clock087)
Hey, I'm doing AQA 9-1 Geography and wondering if we need to know the primary effects, secondary effects, immediate response and long-term response to both earthquakes and volcanoes or only one.

Another question is that our school still hasn't given us our material for paper 3, is this normal?

Thank you!
i think you just need to know one of the two tectonic hazard case studies; we did a case study for earthquakes but we did two countries (an LIC- Pakistan and an HIC - Italy bc you need to be able to compare the effects of the earthquake between them)

as for the paper 3 material, i think you should really have gotten it by now. we got it in the beginning of April but we're not doing any work on it at school so maybe you haven't got it bc your teachers are gonna go through it with you.
Joh/
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Our school have made us teach ourselves most of rivers glaciers and resource management and have not gone through paper 3 or fieldwork yet and go on study leave on the 9th.
clock087
Rep:
?
(Original post by purplepasta)
your class teacher should have taught you a case study for either volcanoes or earthquake s you don't need both
Ye we didn't go over any actually due to time I think. I think it was covered in year 9 which I was not in for and that was quite some time ago anyways.

(Original post by :)Esss:))
i think you just need to know one of the two tectonic hazard case studies; we did a case study for earthquakes but we did two countries (an LIC- Pakistan and an HIC - Italy bc you need to be able to compare the effects of the earthquake between them)

as for the paper 3 material, i think you should really have gotten it by now. we got it in the beginning of April but we're not doing any work on it at school so maybe you haven't got it bc your teachers are gonna go through it with you.
Ye I got to talk to my geography teach today and he gave me case studies for Haiti and Japan so I believe those are the ones I need to know with just a little overview of volcanoes.

I asked him as well and he said we will be going over then in the next 4 lessons. Not great because I was hoping to take next week off for revision and only have 1 lesson this week. Guess will have to come in next week as well.

(Original post by Joh/)
Our school have made us teach ourselves most of rivers glaciers and resource management and have not gone through paper 3 or fieldwork yet and go on study leave on the 9th.
Ye same think with us, except I only just started actually covering those. And we're also going to be covering paper 3 in the next 4 lessons(see above).

Thank you everyone!
purplepasta
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it doesn't actually matter what you know as long as you know onr as the question will say write about a the impacts a volcano or earthquake can have on a lic country (or something like that ) so whichever you feel more confident with I would learn I did earthquakes and learnt Haiti for LIC and Christchurch for hic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.23%
Uncertainty around my education (67)
11.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.5%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.75%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (30)
5.23%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (61)
10.63%
Financial worries (36)
6.27%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (23)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.92%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.61%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (57)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.19%

Watched Threads