Nazeera10
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have to make the big decision of choosing between History and Geography. I'd love to hear your arguments about which I should prefer. You'd be helping a lot.
blackvoid17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you're interested in things happening now, you might find human geography interesting. You'll also like geography you like learning about natural processes and real life case studies.
I didn't take history but from what I've heard from others - although the content is interesting - it tends to be more work than geography (but i guess that depends on the person). There's also a lot more essay writing in history - which you don't have in geography
Beccaleigh1902
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did both History and geography and GCSE and am currently studying geography a level.
I enjoyed both the subjects at gcse and considered history a level. However, I’m very glad I didn’t take it as there is a lot of essay writing, so if that’s what your good at this history would be great, if not, maybe history wouldn’t be the best option.
I also personally find geography more interesting as it’s about the real world and what is happening now. I especially like human geography as I like learning about people. Geography also has some essay writing but less than history and it has a bigger variety of lengths of questions (1-33 mark questions for me).
Let me know if you have any questions about a level geography and I’d be happy to answer. Good luck with you decision!
Spamelie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is this at GCSE level? If so, definitely history.

I took it and absolutely love it.
my friends who took geography find it easy, but boring. A lot of it depends on your teacher, but you can get so much out of history that strengthens your other subjects too. Let me know if you want more info about the course!
Beccaleigh1902
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Beccaleigh1902)
I did both History and geography and GCSE and am currently studying geography a level.
I enjoyed both the subjects at gcse and considered history a level. However, I’m very glad I didn’t take it as there is a lot of essay writing, so if that’s what your good at this history would be great, if not, maybe history wouldn’t be the best option.
I also personally find geography more interesting as it’s about the real world and what is happening now. I especially like human geography as I like learning about people. Geography also has some essay writing but less than history and it has a bigger variety of lengths of questions (1-33 mark questions for me).
Let me know if you have any questions about a level geography and I’d be happy to answer. Good luck with you decision!
Oh also I forgot to say, look at the courses at your school as one may look way more interesting to you than the other
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads