The Student Room Group

Army medical

Ive applied for afc Harrogate as im only 16 but i have got a letter off the army saying i cant join because i have eczema but what it said was about me when i was a young kid 4/5 years of age and now i have no problem at all with it and i havent been to the doctors about it in 5 years. I can appeal but will it make a difference?
Original post by Nathan_craig
Ive applied for afc Harrogate as im only 16 but i have got a letter off the army saying i cant join because i have eczema but what it said was about me when i was a young kid 4/5 years of age and now i have no problem at all with it and i havent been to the doctors about it in 5 years. I can appeal but will it make a difference?

I don't know what the army's policy is but how do they know you have eczema?

I'm sure they have, even if they're not brillant, reasons for not letting those with eczema join. It's probably becasue you are at a higher risk of dermal infections, which wouldn't be ideal in a hypothetical warzone

However, if it is not a problem and self resolving, a quick visit to your GP to confirm you are no longer suffering from it might mean the army let you join. Just becasue you were diagnosed once with eczema doesn't mean you would be diagnosed now with it. I guess a medical letter would be the only thing that would force them to change their mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending