The Student Room Group

LSE Deferral

I've been accepted into the LSE MSc Public Policy and Administration programme for 2008/2009. Needless to say, I am ecstatic (!) however, I am more than a little concerned about the cost involved. With that said, I'm hoping to defer my spot for the 2009/2010 academic year so that I can work full time and save up some money. Does anyone know how often deferrals are granted and what the likelihood of receiving one is? Thanks!
Reply 1
thats what I am planning to do mainly due to the same reasons as yours. I think its possible but with a uni like LSE they might be a bit funny about it.
No idea how often they are granted, or likelihood of getting one.
BUT
do write a well worded e-mail, giving reasons why you want to defer, the money reasons seem good. If you can get a gap year placement that would be good, with something to do within the field you'll be studying.

I was ready to send a deferral e-mail to bristol a few weeks back, but didn't need to in the end.

I doubt they would take your place away all together just for asking!
Reply 3
i applied for a deferral 3 weeks ago and they granted it me last friday!
the "well worded e-mail" is important, and 2-3 good reasons (internship, money, languages)
good luck!
Reply 4
canadiana
I've been accepted into the LSE MSc Public Policy and Administration programme for 2008/2009. Needless to say, I am ecstatic (!) however, I am more than a little concerned about the cost involved. With that said, I'm hoping to defer my spot for the 2009/2010 academic year so that I can work full time and save up some money. Does anyone know how often deferrals are granted and what the likelihood of receiving one is? Thanks!

Like you, I was slightly sceptical about LSE's deferral process. I didn’t want to run the risk of being rejected. It’s a simple process where you just fill up the online form- writing a short statement stating good and valid reasons. In my case, the grounds were along the lines of monetary issues and internship/reading a one year course (on how gaining this experience would further enhance my degree).

I got a reply within 2-3 weeks and managed to defer my place to the 2008/2009 academic year. Good luck with it. It is not as intimidating as it seems.

Latest

Trending

Trending