isabellaMaria
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! I'm considering my offer from the UCL Arts and Sciences course and just wanted to know whether someone knows much about the Core because I want to take sciences as my minor, but am worried that the core is also mostly science. In other words, do I have to be really interested in sciences to do this course? (even if I am taking it as a minor)

thanks xx
keeelan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, sorry that you didn't get a reply until now - hope it isn't too late for this to be helpful.

There are quite a few threads on Arts and Sciences on here with some useful information.

I would definitely say that the Core is not mainly science - most people would say it falls more on the arts/humanities side - though some modules are more science oriented. For instance, Quantitative Methods does have some element of maths in it, but it's definitely more about the application of maths to the real world, and very much oriented towards people who don't have much maths experience.

It's helpful to have some interest in science for sure since there is a requirement to take at least one module each year which is quantitative, but it doesn't have to be your main interest. Maybe if you say which subjects you are interested in, I could try and give some information based on that?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
7.07%
They might tell the bully (20)
10.1%
I don't think they'd understand (33)
16.67%
It might lead to more bullying (72)
36.36%
There's nothing they could do (59)
29.8%

Watched Threads