Graduate Entry Medicine (A101) 2021 Entry Watch

Rari
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RR5)
Good luck for your exams. I hope you do really well and get into medicine. How are you preparing for GAMSAT exam?
Hi RR5, thank you, I hope I do too.
Are you taking the exam this year for the 2020 entry? Like me
I purchased alot of materials when I took the exam the first time 2018 September. I'll be honest the first time I took the exam I didn't know what I was doing, I just purchased what others advised me to. I didn't add anything different in March 2019 I used the same materials and didn't do much practicing as I was studying but my score increased in section 2 and section 3. This time my mum researched and helped me purchase some practice papers and a strategy guide.

Everyday I try to do one essay, some humanities questions and also science as well as uni work. I love reading so that benefits me with timing.

I did the Acer practice paper online July and I got 65/68 70-80 percentile. I will do the second paper either this weekend or end of August to see if I have improved.

When I have more time after the exam I can give you a list of the materials I purchased and how I rate them if that's helpful for you!
If it's helpful I can give you my results each time I did the exam.

Even though this time Im doing more, I always struggle with taking exams on the day. I'm just hoping this time I make it.

What I will recommend is that do the exam as a practice run if you can afford it, it gives you and insight to what you are facing the exam is not easy specially science S3 even if you have a science background.
RR5
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rari)
Hi RR5, thank you, I hope I do too.
Are you taking the exam this year for the 2020 entry? Like me
I purchased alot of materials when I took the exam the first time 2018 September. I'll be honest the first time I took the exam I didn't know what I was doing, I just purchased what others advised me to. I didn't add anything different in March 2019 I used the same materials and didn't do much practicing as I was studying but my score increased in section 2 and section 3. This time my mum researched and helped me purchase some practice papers and a strategy guide.

Everyday I try to do one essay, some humanities questions and also science as well as uni work. I love reading so that benefits me with timing.

I did the Acer practice paper online July and I got 65/68 70-80 percentile. I will do the second paper either this weekend or end of August to see if I have improved.

When I have more time after the exam I can give you a list of the materials I purchased and how I rate them if that's helpful for you!
If it's helpful I can give you my results each time I did the exam.

Even though this time Im doing more, I always struggle with taking exams on the day. I'm just hoping this time I make it.

What I will recommend is that do the exam as a practice run if you can afford it, it gives you and insight to what you are facing the exam is not easy specially science S3 even if you have a science background.
Hi Rari
I am going to be taking the exam next for 2021 entry. I want to practice for the exam over the summer next year but I want to find the resources for the exam this year so I am not looking for them next year when I am supposed to be studying for them. Thank you so much. It will be a massive help if you can give me a list of the resources you used after your exam. Good luck for you exam. Stay in touch and give updates on your application, your help will be very useful because I am going to be applying next year and I only came to a decision about studying graduate entry medicine recently.
Rari
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RR5)
Hi Rari
I am going to be taking the exam next for 2021 entry. I want to practice for the exam over the summer next year but I want to find the resources for the exam this year so I am not looking for them next year when I am supposed to be studying for them. Thank you so much. It will be a massive help if you can give me a list of the resources you used after your exam. Good luck for you exam. Stay in touch and give updates on your application, your help will be very useful because I am going to be applying next year and I only came to a decision about studying graduate entry medicine recently.
Hi RR5
You have my word after October 15th 2019 (Ucas form deadline ) I will write up all I did and what I purchased for the gamsat and UKcat (gamsat I purchased more as that was my main focus). I'll guide you through it too as it's been a struggle for me.
As I said this is my third time, I would advise that u take the exam in march 2020 results will and come out in May this will give you an idea of where you are at. If you do well then you don't need to sit the September one as the results last 2 years. And if like me you don't do well them you have September and the knowledge of how the exam is sat.
I'll let you know every step of my journey as I know how this is beneficial for everyone to learn from.
RR5
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rari)
Hi RR5
You have my word after October 15th 2019 (Ucas form deadline ) I will write up all I did and what I purchased for the gamsat and UKcat (gamsat I purchased more as that was my main focus). I'll guide you through it too as it's been a struggle for me.
As I said this is my third time, I would advise that u take the exam in march 2020 results will and come out in May this will give you an idea of where you are at. If you do well then you don't need to sit the September one as the results last 2 years. And if like me you don't do well them you have September and the knowledge of how the exam is sat.
I'll let you know every step of my journey as I know how this is beneficial for everyone to learn from.
Thank you so much Rari
Opisthokont
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey guys!

Hope you're all well

I am about to begin my third year of Medical Biochemistry, hoping to apply for GEM in 2021, fingers crossed! Just wondering whether you have to make a UCAS account to sit the UCAT, as I will be doing a trial run of the UCAT and GAMSAT next month?
jzdzm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Opisthokont)
Hey guys!

Hope you're all well

I am about to begin my third year of Medical Biochemistry, hoping to apply for GEM in 2021, fingers crossed! Just wondering whether you have to make a UCAS account to sit the UCAT, as I will be doing a trial run of the UCAT and GAMSAT next month?
No, you can register for UCAT without a UCAS account.

Not sure it's worth the money to do a practice run when you can do lots of them on medify/ other site of your choice much more cheaply. But I guess if you have money to burn why not...
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Opisthokont
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by jzdzm)
No, you can register for UCAT without a UCAS account.

Not sure it's worth the money to do a practice run when you can do lots of them on medify/ other site of your choice much more cheaply. But I guess if you have money to burn why not...
thanks for the reply, medify is great but I just want to get a feel for the strict timed conditions of the test centre, so I know what to expect for the real one in 2020!
epiones-daughter
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Does anyone reckon it would be worth taking any other A-Levels as well as Chemistry? Just thinking what may up my chances for entry to other places if my choices change... I have a degree in Biology but would taking the Alevel in Biology help with the hoop jumping exercise that some unis lay out?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%