Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've lived in UK all my life I'm British through and through , from Birmingham,Bridport, Poole and now south Somerset. And I hate it.
    I want to get out of UK to the point I'm physically resenting living here.
    recently my friend has gone on Holiday to Majorca and another went to the United States, I had to unfollow them I couldn't stand seeing the holiday photos of pretty beaches and warm weather.
    I've never been able to leave the UK for holiday either and bloody Butlins is not a holiday, my mother would never even look into a passport for me,only recently she's thinking about it because I need a bank account.
    so much pent up anger against those who can leave, I feel so trapped and lost here in UK. This is not my home and never will be.
    does anyone else feel stuck in UK?

ReputationRep:
    Well how old are you?
    You can just go on holiday if you get a job and save up?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Nah I like the UK

But hey I've never been abroad.

But then again I don't want to. I don't like going on holiday lmao. The furthest I've ever been is the isle of wight xD

ReputationRep:
    i cant relate even though i hate the uk i know id feel out of place anywhere else. why do you hate it? do you prefer busy cities or the countryside? or is it because you have yet to explore outside of the uk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LooneySquid)
    I've lived in UK all my life I'm British through and through , from Birmingham,Bridport, Poole and now south Somerset. And I hate it.
    recently my friend has gone on Holiday to Majorca and another went to the United States, I had to unfollow them I couldn't stand seeing the holiday photos of pretty beaches and warm weather.
    I've never been able to leave the UK for holiday either and bloody Butlins is not a holiday, my mother would never even look into a passport for me,only recently she's thinking about it because I need a bank account.
    so much pent up anger against those who can leave, I feel so trapped and lost here in UK. This is not my home and never will be.
    Try living in London and then make up your mind. You may be surprised - it is very different to anywhere else in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Allow me to cherrypick:

Majorca:

USA:

It's hardly rainbows and unicorns for people living in those lovely looking countries either

ReputationRep:
    Things will be a lot better after Brexit. We will have a lot more freedom and you will be proud to be British. I think those people who feel unhappy in Britain are unhappy because the EU interferes with their lives and freedoms and makes Britain poor. When we leave the EU a lot more money will be spent on making our towns and seaside resorts better and these places will be places people will want to visit. In fact after Brexit more Brits will choose to holiday here in the UK.

There are some great places you can visit such as the Lake District, Cairngorms, nice cities like York. Or pretty beaches in places like St Ives.

Britain isn’t all about grim inner city concrete jungles and industrial estates.

ReputationRep:
    I've travelled a lot. I also wasn't born in this country (though I grew up here), so a big comparison is my life to the life of my family in Italy. At the end of the day the UK is my home and my life is here. I wouldn't swap it for anywhere else. At least not right now. Maybe you should travel more around the British Isles.

ReputationRep:
    Brexit is the worst thing!
    We are going to exclude and isolate an entire nation of it goes forward, Brexit will make the country poor; food and clothing prices have gone through the roof already. we will have no other country to lean of for help, we will destroy Britain more than it's already in shambles.
    I admire the no I try side but living in Somerset I've grown to loathe it. all it is, is bloody cows and farmers.

ReputationRep:
    I have no preference as I've experienced both.
    I just can't stand our economy and feeling so trapped in one country, I've never had a passport or even set foot out of UK.
    I'm so jealous of people who can it's eating at me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe Frazier)
    Try living in London and then make up your mind. You may be surprised - it is very different to anywhere else in the UK.
    I've been there, it's just Smog and disgusting attitudes. I want to go to the Maldives and see fresh, clear water. I want to live in Morroco and enjoy the culture, My experience in Britain is one I hate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melissaleannex27)
    Well how old are you?
    You can just go on holiday if you get a job and save up?
    I'm 17.
    I'd love too but my family life is complicated, goes like this:
    I want a Job= I need a bank account= to set up a bank account I need ID(Passport)= parents won't allow me a passport or a bank account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sataris)
    Allow me to cherrypick:

Majorca:

USA:

It's hardly rainbows and unicorns for people living in those lovely looking countries either
    No I know this, but I'm at the point where is prefer someone bin rummaging with a smile than being trapped in a country I don't like that never smiles back at you.

ReputationRep:
    I have no preference as I've experienced both.
    I just can't stand our economy and feeling so trapped in one country, I've never had a passport or even set foot out of UK.
    I'm so jealous of people who can it's eating at me.
    Trust me, it's much better than being stuck in Pakistan. I know the two aren't really commensurable, but still! I grew up in Dubai and it was amazing. Didn't realise how good it was till we moved. I'd love an opportunity to study or move to Uk. Anyway, i hope you find a place to call home that makes you happy !

ReputationRep:
    Brexit is the worst thing!
    We are going to exclude and isolate an entire nation of it goes forward, Brexit will make the country poor; food and clothing prices have gone through the roof already. we will have no other country to lean of for help, we will destroy Britain more than it's already in shambles.
    I admire the no I try side but living in Somerset I've grown to loathe it. all it is, is bloody cows and farmers.
    that pretty much sums up your problem. You feel stuck because you're in a quieter environment , there's not much going on and there's probably always the same faces around . if I was in that position I would feel the same! We are social animals after all../
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Why do people fall for this crap?

OP created an account today (29th April) to troll. Nothing more.

LOL at least you're not living in a country where there is real poverty, or famine, war, starvation etc.

Even somewhere like Venezuela people are desperate for anything to eat they are killing their own pets or eating rats etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Why do people fall for this crap?

OP created an account today (29th April) to troll. Nothing more.
    actually I created this account to find out if anyone else has such a raging desire to travel that They hate her own home country.
    I found most peoplehad insightful things to say.
    but thank you, I'm not a troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    LOL at least you're not living in a country where there is real poverty, or famine, war, starvation etc.

Even somewhere like Venezuela people are desperate for anything to eat they are killing their own pets or eating rats etc
    No matter where you go someone is always worse off.
    I'm not saying my life is horrible. im saying I want to see elsewhere other than the same sights, smells and sounds all the time
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    actually I created this account to find out if anyone else has such a raging desire to travel that They hate her own home country.
    I found most peoplehad insightful things to say.
    but thank you, I'm not a troll.
    If you are old enough, get off your bum and do something about it.

Either that or life will be a b***ch until you do.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.