strfkr
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
struggling to think of social, legal and environmental factors for vinyls. any ideas?
Hhahja
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Social- most men’s are interested than women in viny records if you search up the statistic it will tell you and population in the uk is growing advantages/disadvantages. More people are buying vinyl another factor over 4 million vinyl albums were brought in 2017.

Legal- charging 5p for plastic bags law has changed which means wax perfection will have to charge there customers for a bag lmao.

Environmental- this one is easy vinyl is made out of plastic and it causes harm to the environment and animals etc.

There you go even if there is any thing slightly irrelevant or small such as a plastic bag still impacts the business. This is so easy I could go on and on
B2S
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have create the SWOT and PESTLE guidelines for your research! - Do not judge made this

Strengths - You would need to talk about how good vinyl is and how it is constantly growing; you will need quotes and facts to back you up such as "Sales of vinyl records reached 4.1 million units in 2017, the 10th consecutive year in which vinyl sales have grown." You will then need to explore this more in your report.

Weaknesses - You will have to talk about the current problems with vinyl. You may want to talk about the lack of vinyl knowledge amongst the younger generations. Even though there is a large number of young people purchasing vinyl records, a large number of people still remain clueless to what vinyl records are. You could also discuss the lack of marketing and advertising for vinyl products.

Opportunities - You would need to talk any future events that can benefit the vinyl market. You should talk about HD Vinyl records. These are vinyl records that replicate the highest quality of music for a premium price.

Threats - You will need to talk about any events that may impact the future of vinyl. I'm can't specifically name an example however it will most likely be along the lines of "A predicted shortage in the plastic used to create vinyl records". I'm not sure if this example is true but it would have to been along the lines of that.

Political - I would talk about Brexit and the dangers that could have on importing vinyl collections from overseas. You could then take it further by talking about how much of vinyl consumers prefer overseas/imported vinyl collections and how Brexit could affect them

Economical - You could talk about how the recent increase in demand of vinyl could lead to rising prices and how that would affect vinyl consumers

Social - What are the current demographics that the vinyl market is not reaching out to yet and what type or types of people are the largest consumers of vinyl

Technological - You could talk about the difference between technology now and back in the 1970's when vinyl sales were booming. Back in those times using robotic manufacturing wasn't as popular as it is today; the use of technology allows pressing plants to mass-produce vinyls as effective as ever.

Legal - The implications there are regarding how easy or difficult it is for businesses to attain musical license from artists. It would be easy for artists now-a-days such as Ed Sheeran, The Arctic Monkeys and etc; for artists that have music recorded from the 60's or 70's it would be quite hard to attain licenses for their music.

Environmental - How we can efficiently dispose of Vinyl LP's to help create a more sustainable future.You could bring about the idea of recycling old or unused vinyl's (well the plastic used to create them) to re-create newer vinyl records, this would help the environment as less plastic is wasted.
essie145
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
struggling for political and economic for vinyls..any help
candy_cooper
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I really need help with the 7p's of the vinyl record, could you please help me urgently need it
Your_Mother27
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Hhahja)
Social- most men’s are interested than women in viny records if you search up the statistic it will tell you and population in the uk is growing advantages/disadvantages. More people are buying vinyl another factor over 4 million vinyl albums were brought in 2017.

Legal- charging 5p for plastic bags law has changed which means wax perfection will have to charge there customers for a bag lmao.

Environmental- this one is easy vinyl is made out of plastic and it causes harm to the environment and animals etc.

There you go even if there is any thing slightly irrelevant or small such as a plastic bag still impacts the business. This is so easy I could go on and on
Got any other factors? Seeing as it's so easy you wouldn't mind going on and on. By the way charging for plastic bags isn't relevant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (48)
18.82%
Labour (105)
41.18%
Liberal Democrats (52)
20.39%
Green Party (15)
5.88%
Brexit Party (7)
2.75%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)