The Student Room Group

how do christians understand the nature of god ?

its my homework and i dont understand what it means by the term "nature of god " ?????
is it asking me to write what Christians think about god and his characteristics?
plz help
thnx
Christians believe there is only one God. However, they also believe in Trinity, which is a belief that God is three substantial persons - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, they believe that God is omnipotent (all-powerful), omniscient (all-knowing) and omnibenevolent (all-loving).

Ask me anything if you'll need any details.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by gandalfhan
Christians believe there is only one God. However, they also believe in Trinity, which is a belief that God is three substantial persons - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, they believe that God is omnipotent (all-powerful), omniscient (all-knowing) and omnibenevolent (all-loving).

Ask me anything if you'll need any details.

thanks but can you just explain what it means by the nature of god
Reply 3
i think it means character, so like patient, kind, good, love, just, etc.
Original post by 017901
thanks but can you just explain what it means by the nature of god

Nature of God means his characteristics, his attributes and his qualities. Just like I said, he's omnipotent, omnibenevolent etc.
Original post by 017901
its my homework and i dont understand what it means by the term "nature of god " ?????
is it asking me to write what Christians think about god and his characteristics?
plz help
thnx

What year are you in? I do about that in RS.
Nature of God is just God's characteristics
Christianity is monotheistic so they believe there is only one God. God is omnipotent(all powerful), God is omnibenovolent(all kind), omniscient(all knowing).

Some of the other ones Christians may believe in different, e.g some people in an immanent God so God who is in the world and takes an active part in human history and some people in a transcendent God, a God directly outside the world and does not act directly in it. Most Christians will believe in a personal and immanent God.
although God is very powerful He is also very caring ?
Original post by 017901
plz help
thnx

it means the characteristics of god, e.g.:
•omnipotent- all loving
•omniscient- all knowing
•omnipresent- everywhere, all at once
•omnibenevolent- all loving
•immanent- in the earth
•transcendent- outside the world
•personal- close
•impersonal- mysterious
Original post by the bear
although God is very powerful He is also very caring ?

What's confusing about that, it's not contradicting?

Quick Reply

Latest