The Student Room Group

teacher is cheating on my french gcse, dont know what to do

he told me all the general conversation questions i will be asked, (so i just need to learn model answers), and he showed me the questions ill be asked on the role play and photo card. obviously this is blatant cheating but i dont know what to do, part of me says go on with it and get a good grade and the other half says go and tell someone, i feel a bit guilty too, would i get in trouble if i ever get found out?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
He's trying to help you, you should be happy he's risking his job to make your life easier. If he gets caught you will not suffer any consequences, only he will. Just roll with it and get the better grades.
you won't get into trouble. the teacher's career will be ruined and all of your year group & possibly previous years will have their french results called into question.
Wow.... good on you for your morality, but i don't think much can be done.

Idk what to say, but i'm pretty sure most schools have flouted the rules, albeit not as blatantly as your teacher. :colonhash:

I hope the grade boundaries don't go high, i worked so long for it :frown:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
will my notes for the 12 minutes be moderated at all? i will try and write down the answers to all the quesitons (including the unknown ones) so i can just read off the sheet, is it sent into moderation or anything?
share us the info!!!
Reply 7
I'd go along with it. In my case with coursework, the teacher basically does it for you. Their helping you get the best grade.
Reply 8
I'd say this is a bit much for a hint and agree that it should put to a stop. But I can't think of a way to do that without *****ing the bed
Awh that’s unfair haha
Reply 10
Hi
What school are you at?
Original post by Anonymous
he told me all the general conversation questions i will be asked, (so i just need to learn model answers), and he showed me the questions ill be asked on the role play and photo card. obviously this is blatant cheating but i dont know what to do, part of me says go on with it and get a good grade and the other half says go and tell someone, i feel a bit guilty too, would i get in trouble if i ever get found out?

this happens more than often but ONLY in speaking exams. Please don't be silly and tell on your teacher as it's very common practice but just kept on the down low. At my school we were able to take in our entire speaking exam sheet of paper we had written up before hand and on the day the teacher asked us questions and we read it off our sheets when in reality we were supposed to memorise it and speak the entire thing on the day of the exam.
also, if you didn't know already a lot of schools especially those who always get good grades as a school most likely cheat. I've heard many stories and teachers allow it because their school looks good and so does their teaching and its easy to get away with it.
Original post by h123a
Hi
What school are you at?

Nice try, AQA
Someone risks their career to try and help you and you go narc lmaooo.

What a ****ing joke. Nobody you tell will respect you, they'll all correctly think you're a *****, even though they'll still discipline/fire him.

I hope you flunk anyway.
Original post by RockyDennis
Someone risks their career to try and help you and you go narc lmaooo.

What a ****ing joke. Nobody you tell will respect you, they'll all correctly think you're a *****, even though they'll still discipline/fire him.

I hope you flunk anyway.

The teacher is an idiot for doing this. It's a *****y situation all round and completely unnecessary for everyone involved
It is a difficult situation. Although he is helping and you don't want to jeopardise your grade, think how unfair that is on people like me who have spent 3 months writing and learning content and spending hours practicing for the unseen card. The more people like you cheat, the higher the grade boundaries will be, and I really really need an A for Uni which I am working very hard for
This was pretty much standard behaviour at the school I went to.

There is a good reason why private schools get better grades.
lol I am at university wont say where and quite a few of our lecturers have strongly hinted at what will be on the exams.

one guy literally told us exactly what questions are coming up and said ok now you can focus on linear algebra and calculus instead. not only that but the exam is open book. meaning we are allowed to bring whatever material we want into the exam with us.
I just literally cant see how anyone could make the slightest bit of effort for this module and fail. basically failing is now pretty much impossible for that module which makes the whole thing a joke.
Original post by Anonymous

no offence but i'm pretty sure this is the norm for language classes in the uk. Like literally they give u as much help as possible, just go with it

Latest

Trending

Trending