wantodothebest
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
3A*s,
A First from Uni
A high paying job

All alongside with, getting smashed at uni, having fun with your mates, getting to spend money you earn from your achievements going travelling
ThePricklyOne
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Having the freedom and the dosh to do what makes me happy.
Bxckii
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Being financially stable, happy and not giving up. Success is following and achieving personal goals for me. So getting the grades for med school, getting in the top decile, having a lifelong job that won't bore me, that's the sort of goals I strive for, and if I achieve any of such, I will feel successful.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Happiness.

Money can make you happy.
AppleB
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Achieving your personal set of goals.
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AppleB)
Achieving your personal set of goals.
Better, but still limiting as a definition, as success can be the accomplishment of goals set by another, not just self.

This thread seems more concerned with understanding participants' goals, rather than understanding concepts of success.
Baza2002
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
[*]the accomplishment of an aim or purpose."the president had some success in restoring confidence"synonyms:favourable outcome, successfulness, favourable result, successful outcome, positive result, victory, triumph "we are very encouraged by the success of the scheme"antonyms:failure
  • the attainment of fame, wealth, or social status."the success of his play"synonymsrosperity, prosperousness, successfulness, affluence, wealth, riches, fortune, opulence, luxury, comfort, life of ease, the good life, milk and honey "the modern-day trappings of success"antonyms:failure, poverty
  • a person or thing that achieves desired aims or attains fame, wealth, etc."to judge from league tables, the school is a success"synonyms:triumph, bestseller, box-office success, sell-out, coup, master stroke; Moreinformalhit, box-office hit, smash hit, smash, crowd-puller, winner, knockout, sensation, wow, biggie "a West End musical success"star, superstar, celebrity, big name, household name, somebody, important person, VIP, personality, public figure, dignitary, luminary, leading light; informalceleb, bigwig, big shot, big noise, big cheese, big fish, megastar; informalnob; informalkahuna, macher, high muckamuck "her performance might well have made her a success"antonyms:failure, flop, disaster, nobody
[*]2. archaicthe good or bad outcome of an undertaking."the good or ill success of their maritime enterprises"
username2908878
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Being happy x
AppleB
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DrSocSciences)
Better, but still limiting as a definition, as success can be the accomplishment of goals set by another, not just
Achieving goals set by the self is much more fulfilling than fulfilling expectations of other individuals.
JRE90
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Success, to me, is being happy.

Do what makes you happy, be happy, and you’re successful?
DrSocSciences
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AppleB)
Achieving goals set by the self is much more fulfilling than fulfilling expectations of other individuals.
Yup, I don't dispute that. Although understandings of "fulfillment" are subjective: psychological, emotional, social, professional, financial etc.
AppleB
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DrSocSciences)
Yup, I don't dispute that. Although understandings of "fulfillment" are subjective: psychological, emotional, social, professional, financial etc.
Precisely.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
having more reps than anyone else in the history of the universe

:hat2:
marzipan1030
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dija51)
Just want to know others views about this
Being happy with what you have achieved really and having enough money to live comfortably (not necessarily filthy rich)
D.SHA64
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
learning stuff to help me and climbing a ladder to eudaimonia
ChiggenLiggen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Getting one mil streams on soudcloud
Deeping
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Living a happy life with no regrets is a successful life
DrSocSciences
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Deeping)
Living a happy life with no regrets is a successful life
You can't get away with such a loose description, without conveying what a "happy life" means to you.
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Doing well in a career you like
Earning a comfortable amount
Happy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.85%
I'm not sure (32)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.34%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise