Starting to revise for GCSE's today?

Watch
Hanaf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
15 Days left...

Hi so there's 15 days left until my 1st GCSE which is R.S, and as you can tell form the title I 'm starting to revise today. Yep, you read correctly I'll be starting right now, hours and months of procrastination have lead me to leave my revision kinda last minute and for a person whose always been an achiever in school this is very unusual.
From year 7- 10 I've always been very studious and concentrated on my school work but I don't know why I just began being lazy this year.
But not anymore...
Yes I may have left it till late, yes it may sound horrendous to many of you and yes it was a foolish mistake.
But I'm not going tom continue like this, I'm going to begin and put my 100% effort in, whether it be waking up early and staying up till late.
These are my exams and I'm going to try my hardest!

I'm contemplating whether or not I should continue to update you so let me know but on some days they may be very short!
P.S I f anyone has any negative comments then just don't bother writing them as I probs won't get to see them anyway
Now I begin my journey!
X H
username3089818
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
good luck.imma gonna start tommorow
Sheperd23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
... but tomorrow ... never comes
Icykitten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hanaf)
15 Days left...

Hi so there's 15 days left until my 1st GCSE which is R.S, and as you can tell form the title I 'm starting to revise today. Yep, you read correctly I'll be starting right now, hours and months of procrastination have lead me to leave my revision kinda last minute and for a person whose always been an achiever in school this is very unusual.
From year 7- 10 I've always been very studious and concentrated on my school work but I don't know why I just began being lazy this year.
But not anymore...
Yes I may have left it till late, yes it may sound horrendous to many of you and yes it was a foolish mistake.
But I'm not going tom continue like this, I'm going to begin and put my 100% effort in, whether it be waking up early and staying up till late.

I'm contemplating whether or not I should continue to update you so let me know but on some days they may be very short!
P.S I f anyone has any negative comments then just don't bother writing them as I probs won't get to see them anyway
Now I begin my journey!
X H
I an exactly the same, all through secondary school I have studied so hard and then when it got to year 11 I just couldn’t find the strength to revise anything. My first exam is on 10th may so I’m really worried now 😬
Baza2002
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I started in Easter... did a total of 8 or 9 hours (got most of my history notes done and about 15% of geography notes)...
not revised for 3 weeks.,,
I'm starting tomorrow.
YouAreAYute
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
update!!!
DarkKnight06
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I swear this will be sik if you come out with great grades, prove you can do it and boast later to every1
gandalfhan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hanaf)
15 Days left...

But not anymore...

Now I begin my journey!
X H
Update us man! I’m in the same situation but I just started to revise three days ago. Good luck to all of you, well I don’t need it since I know I’ll do bad.
Dubz29
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Same as you guys, been hardworking until year 10 when I realised life is not worth it anymore lool. I started making money online and I was obsessed with that for a while, but I stopped for GCSEs. Been doing little revision but everyday. One thing I did was go to everyone who achieved 10 A* in their GCSES last year and they said to bang out past papers, and memorise mark schemes because examiners are at the point where questions will be very similar to previous years as they can't keep making new questions each year. This is what I am following, and finished Businnes Unit 1 by doing 5 past papers, cuz they literally had the same question format. My goal is all 8s and few 9s. Got french speaking this week which Im fked for but oh well.
Good luck to everyone!! Trust me GCSEs are okay from what everyones told me tbh lool
sxhxl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hopefully cramming gets me them 8’s ffs
hugebrain
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm stuck in your situation as well
Hanaf
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
14 Days left
Hi guyzs,
So I first need to address a couple of things:
a) thank you so much for the positive comments yesterday - I really wasn’t expecting it! Also I’ve realised that many of you are on the same journey as me but don’t worry we’re going to smash these exams together!
B) there was one comment that stood out the most.
This comment stated that ‘tommorow never comes’. However I couldn’t disagree with this more because tommorow does come and it’ll continue to come until time ends. you just have to make the most of your today to get the most of tommorow!
A bit of tricky tongue twister but I’ve been haunted enough by this saying for the past couple of months, so much so that I’ve began to loathe hearing it and it motivates me to do even more tomorrow! So thank you to whoever commented that, thanks to you I was motivated and had a very positive day!
Okay so now onto the revision!Yesterday after writing up the post I revised physics and history and today I’ve done the same again but I’m also going to revise a bit of r.s now too!
Today was quite an odd day at school because the feeling of leaving and not having many days left finally settled in. I’ll miss my school but what about you guyzs, be sure to let me know how you’re revision isn’t going too!
x H
Daniel Felipe
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
similar thing with me, but i worked quite hard for the mocks and then didn't do much work since then except for orals. good luck mate.
moonrise
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is definitely plausible to get good grades in GCSE with that amount of time to study if you plan your revision well - I know people who had only double the time you had (so a month) and got A* in the end. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.31%
I'm not sure (33)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (238)
30.75%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (381)
49.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed