The Student Room Group

How to revise for AS Maths

Hi guys,
How do you revise for maths? I have an AS exam in about 3 weeks time, and I'm stressing. Please give any tips and advice.
Thank you so much.
For maths more than anything, just get through as many past papers as you can. You can do it with your notes out but I think you'll find making flash cards or whatever is mostly useless since you need to be comfortable with questions and methods.
I just did loads of past papers. Try and find ones that you haven't already done in class and when you've done a few, check through them and see if there's any particular questions that you keep getting wrong and focus on those
Bang out past papers. ask questions when you don't understand. Bang out pastpapers, not much time left.
here's what I did last year,
I would start by doing a past paper, one that is recent but not too recently, maybe 2010 paper. I would then mark it.
the areas I got wrong, were places were I conceptually didn't understand or was weak at. as a result, I would then do some questions on that specific weak area. then once I got the hang of it, I went back and did another past paper. keep repeating this until you get above 90% consistently. then do past papers till exam. btw this also works for sciences.
Reply 5
Original post by HoldThisL
For maths more than anything, just get through as many past papers as you can. You can do it with your notes out but I think you'll find making flash cards or whatever is mostly useless since you need to be comfortable with questions and methods.

Thank you.
Hey guys! My problem right now is that I am sitting the new spec, so I'm finding it really hard to decide where to find past papers.

The "conversion" to the new spec is more or less like this right?

AS Paper 1 - C1 & C2

AS Paper 2- S1 & M1

Btw, I'm sitting Edexcel.

Quick Reply

Latest