The Student Room Group

Amber Rudd resigns as home secretary

Scroll to see replies

Not a fan of the woman, or her as home sec, but if this is entirely over windrush she should not have resigned
Original post by Jammy Duel
Not a fan of the woman, or her as home sec, but if this is entirely over windrush she should not have resigned

Is she strong and stable though?
Reply 3
Good, she was entirely incompetent and I’m amazed she survived for as long as she did. Hopefully this means a sea change in Home Office policy.
Original post by Little Popcorns

In the national interest?

Why though?

She misled Parliament by saying there were no targets, when there were and she'd signed a letter about such targets. That surely breaches ministerial code.

She tried to play on the semantics by drawing a distinction between a 'target' and 'aim' which at best, was unconvincing.

It's not entirely about Windrush. It's that she spun a tale of dishonesty to shift blame away from herself. This tale unravelled over the last couple of days thanks to good journalism by the Guardian and the odd leak.
I liked her. A pity to see her go.
Reply 7
A moment of silence, if you please.
https://youtu.be/rY0WxgSXdEE
Original post by Little Popcorns

Nope, shes weak and wobbley
Original post by Notoriety
I liked her. A pity to see her go.

your an idiot then, have you not seen what she has done to this country
Original post by Gatts
Good, she was entirely incompetent and I’m amazed she survived for as long as she did. Hopefully this means a sea change in Home Office policy.
In the national interest?

What?
She wasn't incompetant. She did her job. She created the Tory hostile enviroment that Theresa May wanted. This resulted in it's logical conclusions. Diane Abbot was proved correct when she said (paraphrasing) "The british public are more hostile to immigration in thoery than in practise", for once the human cost actually stirred enough empathy for a change to create a scandel. She has been sacrificed for the Tory cause. But lets not forget that Theresa May was the main architect and was always a racist harpy when she was in the home office. May seems to generally beleive all of it.
Amazed it took so long, position untenable, cue some other laughable horror taking it over, BoJo or Mogo prob.
It's about time. I bet Theresa May will put a politician of ethnic background in Rudd's place to prove she's not systematically racist.
Original post by alfie.waters
your an idiot then, have you not seen what she has done to this country

I am not an idiot. I am just not as sensationalist as some.
I honestly thought she would not resign. Normal rules didn't seem to apply anymore.

I think another "liberal" Remain tory will take her place. To keep Brexit balance in the government?

Original post by Cod3tte
It's about time. I bet Theresa May will put a politician of ethnic background in Rudd's place to prove she's not systematically racist.

If she wasn't systematically racist she wouldn't have done all this hostile enviroment crap.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hopefully TM will be right behind her, in this shambles of a government...the UK needs fresh ideas.

She misled parliament.
Her credibility's shot to pieces. Resignation is the only option left.

Her replacement will probably be a token BME person, just so the Tories can pretend they aren't racists.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending