The Student Room Group

Architecture at Cambridge??

I got all A* for GCSE's minus two A's and am currently considering applying to Cambridge Uni for architecture. I've narrowed down my top colleges to Pembroke, Emmanuel and St John's but they are all highly competitive for architecture, so I was wondering if there are other colleges that are less competitive when it comes to architecture, but are still fun and have decent accommodation.
Original post by usernam.e
I got all A* for GCSE's minus two A's and am currently considering applying to Cambridge Uni for architecture. I've narrowed down my top colleges to Pembroke, Emmanuel and St John's but they are all highly competitive for architecture, so I was wondering if there are other colleges that are less competitive when it comes to architecture, but are still fun and have decent accommodation.

Your chances are no different by applying to one college over another because the pooling system levels everything out. It's most important to choose the college you genuinely want to go to, because it's not possible to try to cheat the system by applying to a 'less competitive' college.

If you're wanting to choose between those three colleges then it's worth finding out who the DoS is for architecture at each one, might help your decision making. But as an architecture offer-holder at Pembroke, I'd thoroughly recommend it :tongue: - what architecture student wouldn't want to walk past Wren's college chapel (his first ever work) every morning on the way to studio!
Reply 2
Original post by Amanzhol
Your chances are no different by applying to one college over another because the pooling system levels everything out. It's most important to choose the college you genuinely want to go to, because it's not possible to try to cheat the system by applying to a 'less competitive' college

Unless you apply for Trinity.
Original post by Heyok
Unless you apply for Trinity.

Or King's :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending