How to deal with boyfriends ex? Watch

Ghingley03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Me and my boyfriend have been together for a few months now. Quite early on he told me about his ex who is a bit older than me but I still see her around school. My boyfriend and his ex were together not very long but they are also family friends, therefore he still talks to her and she asks him to go to her house (ugh.) She has a bf of her own now but recently told my bf that she still likes him, despite her being in a relationship. She also comments on my appearance to my bf and tells my bf that she think me and him are 'incompatible.' The funny thing is I have never even spoke to her or met her. My bf tells me to ignore her but I find it really hard to get her off my mind. I don't know whether to confront her or just keep my mouth shut and pretend like I don't care when I actually do. What should I do?
Pete_M21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t confront her because then she wins. If she has feeling for him, she’ll probably try and split you up so if you confront her, she’ll use that against you.

He’s made his choice by being with you so you’ve got to believe in him or there will end up being tension in your relationship.
Mooeymoo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ghingley03)
Me and my boyfriend have been together for a few months now. Quite early on he told me about his ex who is a bit older than me but I still see her around school. My boyfriend and his ex were together not very long but they are also family friends, therefore he still talks to her and she asks him to go to her house (ugh.) She has a bf of her own now but recently told my bf that she still likes him, despite her being in a relationship. She also comments on my appearance to my bf and tells my bf that she think me and him are 'incompatible.' The funny thing is I have never even spoke to her or met her. My bf tells me to ignore her but I find it really hard to get her off my mind. I don't know whether to confront her or just keep my mouth shut and pretend like I don't care when I actually do. What should I do?

Just have some trust, insecurity about this kind of thing can cause damage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (8)
6.96%
They might tell the bully (15)
13.04%
I don't think they'd understand (19)
16.52%
It might lead to more bullying (41)
35.65%
There's nothing they could do (32)
27.83%

Watched Threads