Crazy ex boyfriend - threats/issues Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So i'm a relatively quiet 25 year old and iv'e not long got into a relationship with someone who I really like.

She has a kid and is a few years younger than myself however this is clearly not the issue, the issue lies with the fact that her crazy ex boyfriend doesn't want me or anyone else for that fact being around his child, not entirely sure how he expects that to happen if he's not with her but that's for another time.

He got in touch with me around 2 weeks into the relationship, stating if I ever see or be around his son then its "game over" for me.

We were seen in the pub together last week by one of her crazy ex boyfriends friends, he went and told him. My GF retaliated by exchanging a few words with this other guy, things quickly turned sour and I am now receiving messages telling me to put my GF in line or I am gonna have my head smashed in.

My girlfriends auntie knows of the people saying these threats and has told us that they will not stop now until she is out of her flat.

Is there anything we can do to put a stop to this madness? I am really not a confrontational guy however I can only stay quiet so long. Are these threats enough for the police?
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So i'm a relatively quiet 25 year old and iv'e not long got into a relationship with someone who I really like.

She has a kid and is a few years younger than myself however this is clearly not the issue, the issue lies with the fact that her crazy ex boyfriend doesn't want me or anyone else for that fact being around his child, not entirely sure how he expects that to happen if he's not with her but that's for another time.

He got in touch with me around 2 weeks into the relationship, stating if I ever see or be around his son then its "game over" for me.

We were seen in the pub together last week by one of her crazy ex boyfriends friends, he went and told him. My GF retaliated by exchanging a few words with this other guy, things quickly turned sour and I am now receiving messages telling me to put my GF in line or I am gonna have my head smashed in.

My girlfriends auntie knows of the people saying these threats and has told us that they will not stop now until she is out of her flat.

Is there anything we can do to put a stop to this madness? I am really not a confrontational guy however I can only stay quiet so long. Are these threats enough for the police?
Yes this is enough for it to be reported to the police, he is clearly a bitter ex
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago

Collect the evidence so it is irrefutable i.e actual threats with consequences , voice and e-mails or social media screenshots, then go to the police. Do not confront them.
choco_monsterxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

yes these r deffo enough for the police. You, your gf and her son’s life are in risk. Please inform the police get your gf to back you up for example by her informing the cops of the ex’s nature.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thing is i'm not really a fan of the police so they were my last resort but I was more hoping so that the council would ideally be able to re-house her relatively quick with the circumstances? Can anyone give me some insight to this?

I'm trying really hard to keep calm with all of this but to be quite frankly honest I just wanna round up the boys and sort it myself.
choco_monsterxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thing is i'm not really a fan of the police so they were my last resort but I was more hoping so that the council would ideally be able to re-house her relatively quick with the circumstances? Can anyone give me some insight to this?

I'm trying really hard to keep calm with all of this but to be quite frankly honest I just wanna round up the boys and sort it myself.
Tbh i dont think you got much luck with the council they’ll need evidence assess everything put you in a band etc however its worth ringing them up just for your own satisfaction and see what they say.
Do not ‘round up the boys’ and ‘sort it out’ as this will without a doubt escalate further and make matters even worse. This should deffo be the extremely last resort if all fails
dipalmer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Police!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (67)
9.9%
No I am happy with my course choice (383)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.18%

Watched Threads