The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Accomodation Help

hiya guys, need some help here regarding accomodation.

basically im gona read law next year..and for obvious reasons i cant make my way down to the campus to assess the different accomodation halls. (am an interntnal)..so i really need some advice.

my ideal hall is one that is reasonably near (although it doesnt have to be right beside!) the law faculty, one that is serene and quiet, one that has good facilities and good communal spirits,and one that has relatively large, comfortable rooms (one pax only). Most importantly, one that has beautiful surroundings and sceneries around it!

nvm the cost and the quality of food..these are not my main concerns.

Can you guys recommend me any suitable halls of accomodation?THNX!
Reply 1
hu stu is the closest, and cripps is really near too, although all of them are near enough. max 15mins walk from any on campus.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
does anyone know the earliest date we can return back to halls?
Reply 3
UAG
does anyone know the earliest date we can return back to halls?

It'll be the sunday before the start of term - in this case the 13th. Usually 10am onwards.
Reply 4
reasonably near law
All halls on uni park are within a 15 minute walk of the law building

one that is serene and quiet
That would be none of them.
I would definately stay away from Hugh Stewart and Cripps though as they are so central they get the most noise from the buildings, car parks and main road going through the centre of campus. It's not excessive noise though.

one that has good facilities
All halls have decent facilities so this shoulldn't be an issue whichever you choose. Of course it depends on the facilities you are referring to.

good communal spirits
The one that we hear most about here is Rutland Hall. They really stick together as the hall, historically, gets a fair amount of ribbing.

relatively large, comfortable rooms (one pax only)
Again this depends on your version of relatively large but a large single study would be good for you by the sound of things. These would be at either Hugh Stewart or Nightingale.

beautiful surroundings
Uni Park is pretty so you should go for one of those really. Lenton & Wortley is nice as is Nightingale but none of the Uni Park halls have crappy surroundings really.
Reply 5
i wish people would trawl through the threads before asking the same questions over and over :rolleyes: just my 2p :smile:
the answers the people have given are correct, can't really add to that.
thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending