Edexcel A Level Maths - New Spec Grade Boundaries Watch

Rii.M
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had any details of what the new spec grade boundaries will be like for new spec A level maths and further maths.
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rii.M)
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had any details of what the new spec grade boundaries will be like for new spec A level maths and further maths.
No and nor do the exam boards who set the papers! Just focus on doing your best as the grade boundaries will have to give a similar porprotion of grades to the current ones.

Anyone that says anything different is just guessing and its not very helpful.
Rii.M
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
No and nor do the exam boards who set the papers! Just focus on doing your best as the grade boundaries will have to give a similar proprotion of grades to the current ones.

Anyone that says anything different is just guessing and its not very helpful.
I should have figured Thanks anyways.
RedGiant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rii.M)
I should have figured Thanks anyways.
Are you sitting new spec A Level maths (both AS and A2) this year?
Rii.M
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by RedGiant)
Are you sitting new spec A Level maths (both AS and A2) this year?
no, taking both next year. my school isn't allowing anyone to take the A2 early
RedGiant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rii.M)
no, taking both next year. my school isn't allowing anyone to take the A2 early
Damn, I can't find anyone on here sitting new spec A Level maths this year
Rii.M
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Must be frustrating. If only my school wasn't run by tyrants

When's the exam?
Bigpaddy27
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am taking it this year
RedGiant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bigpaddy27)
I am taking it this year
Just out of interest, what's your class size, and what would you say the general ability of your class is? I.e. Percentages/marks in tests? I'm just interested in knowing what some of the other cohort is like.
Bigpaddy27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just out of interest, what's your class size, and what would you say the general ability of your class is? I.e. Percentages/marks in tests? I'm just interested in knowing what some of the other cohort is like.
Lowest grade in the class for GCSE was a 7 (one person), rest scored 8 or 9. Class size 9.

The lowest grade would be a B but that will be unlikely. More or less everyone gets A/A*.

5 people will 100* get A* as applying to oxbridge for maths etc.

They have already said the cohort this year is going to be tough and will need to have grades adjusted for it.

I reckon 80% of candidates will get an A
Potent900
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am sitting full A2 this year then FM next year. Im freaking out as i need an A* but found the specimen papers soooo hard. The modelling and real life application questions need to be scrapped!!!!!!
RedGiant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Potent900)
I am sitting full A2 this year then FM next year. Im freaking out as i need an A* but found the specimen papers soooo hard. The modelling and real life application questions need to be scrapped!!!!!!
Yeah tell me about it. What do you think about stats and mech (the damn mech specimen paper is ridiculous). Which parts are you good and not so good at?
Potent900
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah tell me about it. What do you think about stats and mech (the damn mech specimen paper is ridiculous). Which parts are you good and not so good at?
Not so good at stats. Hate hypothesis testing, especially with the normal distribution. I like all of calculus except some of book 2 integration. Dont really mind mechanics because it overlaps with physics
Bigpaddy27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have a bit of faith, I did the AS today and am doing the full a level as well. It was way easier than the specimen and was basically the same as the sample assessment material which bodes well as the mechanics and stats assessment material is really nice!!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
RedGiant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Potent900)
Not so good at stats. Hate hypothesis testing, especially with the normal distribution. I like all of calculus except some of book 2 integration. Dont really mind mechanics because it overlaps with physics
What scores/percentages are your peers getting in mocks?

Have a bit of faith, I did the AS today and am doing the full a level as well. It was way easier than the specimen and was basically the same as the sample assessment material which bodes well as the mechanics and stats assessment material is really nice!!!
Were there lots of modelling questions? What was the style of questions like? And when you say it was basically the same, do you mean there was literally the same questions but using different numbers?
Bigpaddy27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
RedGiant I almost had a heart attack as I thaught they were going to **** us over but literally it was the easiest exam I've really ever done, I checked the unofficial mark scheme and have got in the low 90s. There was only one modelling question which was where I dropped a couple of marks, chapter 2 quadratic **** but really it was so much easier than the specimen. Most of the questions were just worded differently from the sample stuff like the hardest vector q was magnitudimg no proof of parralel or anything like that! Was brilliant and I'm hoping we get the same for the other papers for full a level. The specimen are too show how hard they can get imo
Katy55555
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
RedGiant I almost had a heart attack as I thaught they were going to **** us over but literally it was the easiest exam I've really ever done, I checked the unofficial mark scheme and have got in the low 90s. There was only one modelling question which was where I dropped a couple of marks, chapter 2 quadratic **** but really it was so much easier than the specimen. Most of the questions were just worded differently from the sample stuff like the hardest vector q was magnitudimg no proof of parralel or anything like that! Was brilliant and I'm hoping we get the same for the other papers for full a level. The specimen are too show how hard they can get imo
Hiiii,
Which paper was this?
Bigpaddy27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Katy55555 edexcel AS pure maths paper 1 new spec
RedGiant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds like a nice paper. I hope to hell the A level papers will be the same. Were there many worded questions then? Or was it just using functions given to you (i.e. not formulating them yourself, that's where I go wrong lol).
Katy55555
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Katy55555 edexcel AS pure maths paper 1 new spec
Oh wow I found that really hard tbh, most of peers did aswell but maybe that’s because we finished the content on Thursday in our school lool?
What do you reckon the boundaries will be considering we are the first year taking it. I would want atleast a C this year and work really hard next year
Thank you!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish

Yes (140)
61.4%
No (88)
38.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise