The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Maths - New Spec Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RedGiant
Yeah tell me about it. What do you think about stats and mech (the damn mech specimen paper is ridiculous). Which parts are you good and not so good at?

Hey do u have the edexcel maths A level specimen papers? If you do could you send them to me to [email protected] I ve got some practice papers too if you d like
Original post by jklasjrkx123
Hey do u have the edexcel maths A level specimen papers? If you do could you send them to me to [email protected] I ve got some practice papers too if you d like

What papers do you have? What's the first Q of yours (as they may be the same)

What do u think about grade boundaries for the new AS Maths and Further Maths?
Original post by RickHendricks
What do u think about grade boundaries for the new AS Maths and Further Maths?

Probably quite low, but I suspect many more people (not just further mathematicians) will have taken maths AS, so not too low. Maybe similar for AS FM.
Probably quite low, but I suspect many more people (not just further mathematicians) will have taken maths AS, so not too low. Maybe similar for AS FM.

well i reckon I got 130/160 (lowesT) in AS maths

and 100/160 (lowest) in AS FM.

would that be 2 Bs or 1 B (FM) and 1 A (M)
My school has predicted 75% for an A Grade in new A Level Maths, according to our mocks. We are not doing well. Mostly grade 7/8 students from GCSE.
The A is assuring, but the B... tsk tsk. no point looking back now though :smile:

Hey I was wondering if you had the Specimen Edexcel ones that are locked.
Ive got a few papers about 8 i think
Hey I was wondering if you had the Specimen Edexcel ones that are locked.
Ive got a few papers about 8 i think

What are any of the questions on your papers? I might have the same ones as you i don't know,
Original post by Samosa and Vada
My school has predicted 75% for an A Grade in new A Level Maths, according to our mocks. We are not doing well. Mostly grade 7/8 students from GCSE.

So how many people got at least 75% at your school?
So how many people got at least 75% at your school?

0/30. The highest was 68% or 72%.
0/30. The highest was 68% or 72%.

Oh... What were the typical scores? There's 30 people in your class and none got 75% plus?
Oh... What were the typical scores? There's 30 people in your class and none got 75% plus?

There are two classes and around 25-30 students. Most scores were 40-60%. Around 5 people scoring 60%+. There were also some below 40% . We are taking the exam next year.
There are two classes and around 25-30 students. Most scores were 40-60%. Around 5 people scoring 60%+. There were also some below 40% . We are taking the exam next year.

Oh I thought you were taking it this year lol... was gonna say...
That s insane, can't believe the top score is only 80%
Were they much harder than the practice paper (A to I ones)?
(edited 3 years ago)
hmm
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by schisveryfun...
I've just been reading around and found this website called Crash Maths where a number of schools participated in mock exams and they all submitted the results and they calculated grade boundaries.

The grade boundaries for Paper 1 are:
-A (76/100)
-B (63/100)
-C (50/100)
-D (37/100)
-E (24/100).

That does seem a bit low
Original post by Rii.M
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had any details of what the new spec grade boundaries will be like for new spec A level maths and further maths.

Most new spec boundaries have been lower.

In my experience, Biology went down to 50% for an A
Chemistry to about 57%.

Physics to 68%.

Others stayed about the same.

Like always, you typically get the grade you would've got on the old spec
Have people learnt the geometric proof for the double angle formula (for sin(A+B) and cos(A+B) )?
Have people learnt the geometric proof for the double angle formula (for sin(A+B) and cos(A+B) )?

We have to learn that!
I saw it in the book but just skipped over it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending