The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don’t wanna be that guy but a month after interviews starts next Thursday... and that is the date I will start obsessively checking my emails.
Original post by Antibiotics
Don’t wanna be that guy but a month after interviews starts next Thursday... and that is the date I will start obsessively checking my emails.

I have been refreshing anyway!

Has anyone contacted to confirm a date? 17th/18th sounds pretty early.
Original post by ScrubbyAlder

It says about a month after, to be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if it was anywhere between that date and mid feb!

Was the interview nearly a month ago now?! Wow
It says about a month after, to be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if it was anywhere between that date and mid feb!

Yeah, I think February is more likely. I'm not holding out much hope for an offer, but fingers crossed.
Original post by SPhilip
Was the interview nearly a month ago now?! Wow

I know, it's unbelievable.
I’d love to get an offer from Warwick before my Newcastle interview - might relax me a bit and prevent me from acting like a freak due to nerves!😂
Original post by BethyO
I’d love to get an offer from Warwick before my Newcastle interview - might relax me a bit and prevent me from acting like a freak due to nerves!😂

When’s your Newcastle interview? I’m quite nervous for mine. First choice, second interview. Would’ve preferred it to be my last but that’s life I guess!
Original post by BethyO

How did you find your interview went? Mine went so bad I’m expecting s rejection
When’s your Newcastle interview? I’m quite nervous for mine. First choice, second interview. Would’ve preferred it to be my last but that’s life I guess!

It’s on January 24th. It’s my last interview so I’m hoping it will be the best😬🤞I’m sure you’ll smash it!👍

Original post by SPhilip
How did you find your interview went? Mine went so bad I’m expecting s rejection

Argh I don’t know, it’s so hard to judge! Some of it went okay (like I found most of the interviewers pleasant and friendly, and I felt okay in the role play) but some of it was awful (one woman scared me and I babbled and then ran out of time and couldn’t answer her final question). Guess I will just have to wait and see😕
Original post by BethyO
Argh I don’t know, it’s so hard to judge! Some of it went okay (like I found most of the interviewers pleasant and friendly, and I felt okay in the role play) but some of it was awful (one woman scared me and I babbled and then ran out of time and couldn’t answer her final question). Guess I will just have to wait and see😕

The more time goes the more you analyse and the worse it gets - I just don’t think I did enough for an offer! Your experience sounds more enhiyable! Good luck with new castle! I’ve got barts next week and I want that so bad but odds are 1in 3 so not high
Original post by SPhilip
The more time goes the more you analyse and the worse it gets - I just don’t think I did enough for an offer! Your experience sounds more enhiyable! Good luck with new castle! I’ve got barts next week and I want that so bad but odds are 1in 3 so not high

Yes you’re right, overthinking is never good! It’s just impossible not to though isn’t it?! You might have done better than you think. I’ve got Bart’s next week as well (on Wednesday) x
Original post by BethyO
Yes you’re right, overthinking is never good! It’s just impossible not to though isn’t it?! You might have done better than you think. I’ve got Bart’s next week as well (on Wednesday) x

I’m on Wednesday too! What time? I’m 10am x
Original post by SPhilip
I’m on Wednesday too! What time? I’m 10am x

Ah mines at 14.10 (when I booked it I wasn’t sure whether I’d be staying the night before). Good luck for yours! X
Original post by BethyO
Ah mines at 14.10 (when I booked it I wasn’t sure whether I’d be staying the night before). Good luck for yours! X

I didn’t book mine I just got given it hahaha ! Good luck to you too hun!
Original post by SPhilip
I didn’t book mine I just got given it hahaha ! Good luck to you too hun!

Thank you😘x

Edit: I don’t think I booked Bart’s either! Think I’m mixing it up with Warwick lol🤯😂
Reply 1595

We've been told that "initial offers will be sent out late January 2019 via email from [their] Academic Office; these will appear on UCAS track the following day." I believe they also said it could even start in February.

Then there's a trickle up until June 2019.

But since everyone is so eager, myself included, I'm starting a gofundme so we can bribe the admissions team to release all data sooner. Please stay tuned. (/joke)
Original post by 548
We've been told that "initial offers will be sent out late January 2019 via email from [their] Academic Office; these will appear on UCAS track the following day." I believe they also said it could even start in February.

Then there's a trickle up until June 2019.

But since everyone is so eager, myself included, I'm starting a gofundme so we can bribe the admissions team to release all data sooner. Please stay tuned. (/joke)

Haha 🤣
Original post by BethyO

I was hoping for the same 🙃
Original post by manny_oa
With the way they handled the interviews I wouldn't hold my breath but hopefully

In fairness to them they did send out the first batch of interview emails 3 days after their initial planned date.
Was a little bored so decided to do a bit of investigative work.

Going off the data from the 2018 entry application process, interviews began on the 3rd of January 2018 with the first batch of offers being sent out on 15th of February. Exactly 6 weeks and 1 day between the 2 dates.

Applying the same system to this years entry (as the number of interviews to offers is near identical to last year), as we had our interviews starting on the 17th of December we should expect to be hearing at the earliest on the 29th of January. However, we had our interviews before new years and Christmas, meaning we should expect ~1-2 weeks delay so according to my calculations the earliest we should expect to hear by is the 5th of February.

(lmao im such a loser)

Latest

Trending

Trending