The Student Room Group

Which job should I choose?

Hi all,

I'm in the fortunate position of having two graduate offers, one from a major insurer which is a two year programme involving a year on placement in a global office, and another from the Civil Service (not Fast Stream) to work at HEO level (same salary as insurer) in the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.

I'm really unsure as to which option to choose or which I will find most engaging as both will provide great opportunities for career development. I was hoping you guys could give me some help in important things to consider when making this decision.

Thanks for all your help!
Original post by jobconundrum
Hi all,

I'm in the fortunate position of having two graduate offers, one from a major insurer which is a two year programme involving a year on placement in a global office, and another from the Civil Service (not Fast Stream) to work at HEO level (same salary as insurer) in the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.

I'm really unsure as to which option to choose or which I will find most engaging as both will provide great opportunities for career development. I was hoping you guys could give me some help in important things to consider when making this decision.

Thanks for all your help!

Well which one do you want to do and which direction do you want your career to head in? Salary is clearly not a consideration so no one else can help with this.
Well you need to compare these job offers according to these following factors :

-Sign-on-bonus
-Number of personal days
-Company values
-Company reputation
-Overall impressions
-Hours
-Salary
-Other perks
-Whether the job shapes and develops your career.

i did the same when i got two offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending