Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi so there is 2 weeks until my gcses (only doing maths science and English since I got c's last year) if you guys have any revisions techniques or anything to help you pass the exams please tell me.
    Also if anyone had the checklist could you give me a link to it please as rn I'm just going through my notes and doing past papers

ReputationRep:
    Which science exam board?

Try using flashcards, past papers, anything that involves your brain working to retain information, once you've learned something, practice it one day, 3 days and then a week Its useful to also do this within study sessions, eg once you've learned something, move on, then come back to review it a couple of hours later.

ReputationRep:
    If there are any topics you struggle with, I'd really recommend watching youtube videos as they can be much better at explaining it than text books / revision guides and more memorable.

I find a good way of remembering things to teach other people, use flashcrads and make myself little pop quizzes (most effective when they are on a mix of topics in a subject and not just one thing). Quizlet have some ready made quizzes and flashcards, which are good.

I would also highly recommend Seneca LEarning - free, covers Eng Lit, Maths and Science and is super helpful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indie.sxnds)
    Which science exam board?

Try using flashcards, past papers, anything that involves your brain working to retain information, once you've learned something, practice it one day, 3 days and then a week Its useful to also do this within study sessions, eg once you've learned something, move on, then come back to review it a couple of hours later.
    maths is aqa, science is OCR and english is AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kageflash)
    maths is aqa, science is OCR and english is AQA
    English - anything on mr bruff / mr salles youtube channel! (especially mr salles for english language)

Science - I do edexcel, but savemyexams.co.uk has some OCR gateway papers, its worth asking other people on here if they have any OCR resources though

Maths - justmaths.co.uk, mathsgenie.co.uk, and https://www.piximaths.co.uk/revision-booklets for the grades you're aiming for

So, in short, past papers for maths + making sure you know the methods is key. For english, make flashcards/mindmaps for characters if that works for you, and practice planning essays for comparing poetry. In terms of language, practicing papers is also key.

Science, CGP guides are good for understanding, test your knowledge using exam style questions though.

Good luck, you've got this!

ReputationRep:
    I have a subscription to savemyexams (only cost me £20 september 2017)- il send links to the resources if anyone wants

ReputationRep:
    Hi so there is 2 weeks until my gcses (only doing maths science and English since I got c's last year) if you guys have any revisions techniques or anything to help you pass the exams please tell me.
    Also if anyone had the checklist could you give me a link to it please as rn I'm just going through my notes and doing past papers
    Which exam board is it for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carolina K.)
    Which exam board is it for?

1. maths is aqa, science is OCR and english is AQA

ReputationRep:
    1. maths is aqa, science is OCR and english is AQA
    Oh, that's good. AQA is a really good exam board, especially for maths. For maths learn basic maths, the context of what will be on the exam and have a go at some logic based questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordanb-h)
    I have a subscription to savemyexams (only cost me £20 september 2017)- il send links to the resources if anyone wants
    yes please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grade9student)
    yes please!
    What subjects and exam boards
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xNW...ew?usp=sharing
    pdf file that links to all of the save my exams gcse questions and answers (its multiple pdfs linked to one main one)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordanb-h)
    What subjects and exam boards
    Can i have it aswell please, i'm doing OCR Maths and science and AQA english

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.