The Student Room Group

What are good ways to revise for GCSE physics?

I'm struggling with how to revise for physics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated? xx
Original post by Lils03
I'm struggling with how to revise for physics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated? xx

It depends on what you want to revise... For equations or units, I use the quizlet app to revise them (if I don't have access to WiFi I use paper flashcards). For more longer questions (eg 4 or 6 mark ones) I find past papers the most effective. I know they can be boring at times, but (in my opinion) they're the best and most effective way to revise as they are the most similar to a real exam as well as allow you to practice exam skills. Also answering questions under timed conditions help (aim for 1 mark per minute). Though sometimes if I'm bored of doing past papers I will make an A4 poster just condensing a topic (eg energy resources). Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Physicsqueen
It depends on what you want to revise... For equations or units, I use the quizlet app to revise them (if I don't have access to WiFi I use paper flashcards). For more longer questions (eg 4 or 6 mark ones) I find past papers the most effective. I know they can be boring at times, but (in my opinion) they're the best and most effective way to revise as they are the most similar to a real exam as well as allow you to practice exam skills. Also answering questions under timed conditions help (aim for 1 mark per minute). Though sometimes if I'm bored of doing past papers I will make an A4 poster just condensing a topic (eg energy resources). Hope this helps.

Thank you!! x

Quick Reply

Latest