The Student Room Group

Psychiatric Research MSc or Mental Health Studies MSc at King's?

Hi everyone,

I have received two offers from King's for the Psychiatric Research MSc and Mental Health Studies MSc. My undergraduate degree is in Psychology and my career aims are to either get into clinical research or potentially apply for Graduate Medicine.

Has any of you got similar offers/career prospects and if so, what are you inclined to choose and why? Also, if you have already completed one of those Masters (or are in the process of completing them), would you mind sharing a bit of your experience?

It might be worth mentioning, but the cohort for the Psychiatric Research MSc is much smaller (approx. 30 people) compared to approx. 100 for the Mental Health Studies one, from what I've heard.

Thank you for your help!
Original post by Elisabeth.Marie
Hi everyone,

I have received two offers from King's for the Psychiatric Research MSc and Mental Health Studies MSc. My undergraduate degree is in Psychology and my career aims are to either get into clinical research or potentially apply for Graduate Medicine.

Has any of you got similar offers/career prospects and if so, what are you inclined to choose and why? Also, if you have already completed one of those Masters (or are in the process of completing them), would you mind sharing a bit of your experience?

It might be worth mentioning, but the cohort for the Psychiatric Research MSc is much smaller (approx. 30 people) compared to approx. 100 for the Mental Health Studies one, from what I've heard.

Thank you for your help!

They are very different courses from the sound of them. Pick the one that interests you more as your grades and research interests will help you to get into research or grad medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest