Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Neither - no telematics policies.
My thoughts exactly.
Telematics policies/black boxes are the work of the devil and should be banned.
IdreesAhmed1309
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
You'd be a fool to even consider it.
That’s not true at all. I bought a policy with Acorn Insurance and it cost £2100 whereas all other major insurance companies were priced around £3400+. It came with a telematics box with a restriction of 10% of your miles that can be driven between 11pm and 5am. I bought 5000 miles and it’s been fine. The box is even flexible so you won’t be told off for driving a few miles above the speed limit. Honestly, it was the best thing I did and I wouldn’t be driving if I didn’t have this policy at 17.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by IdreesAhmed1309)
That’s not true at all. I bought a policy with Acorn Insurance and it cost £2100 whereas all other major insurance companies were priced around £3400+. It came with a telematics box with a restriction of 10% of your miles that can be driven between 11pm and 5am. I bought 5000 miles and it’s been fine. The box is even flexible so you won’t be told off for driving a few miles above the speed limit. Honestly, it was the best thing I did and I wouldn’t be driving if I didn’t have this policy at 17.
You should have picked a better car.
IdreesAhmed1309
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks but I did choose a Vauxhall Corsa 2014 which was reliable. I can confirm that the reason my policy prices were so high had nothing to do with the car but rather the area :/ Thanks anyways!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise