What if you cry or something in your speaking exam? Watch

username2899906
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I know the teachers aren't allowed to stop the recording but they also wouldn't want you sat there bursting into tears when the examiner will hear it.
smiley_21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Practise as much as u can at home,make ur family record u or something at home and do it in front of them orr even friends. Take a deep breath if u think ur gonna cry,I did mine a few days ago and it went well.
choco_monsterxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Theyll just tell u to start again when ur ready
Know Your Enemy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think they are allowed to stop it a few times. I had mine stopped once when I had a temporary blank during my Welsh oral for Unit 2. I was even allowed another glimpse at my notes before the recording restarted. I guess it's different for all schools.

Anyway, I'd practice reciting it in front of a mirror if I were you. Maybe try speaking it in front of relatives.
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Goldfish4343)
I know the teachers aren't allowed to stop the recording but they also wouldn't want you sat there bursting into tears when the examiner will hear it.
Lol. they'd probably stop - had the recording stop plenty of times when I did GCSE German
SamKent19
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Y'all are lucky! I did an additional languages, I was given one try. Done. Even tho we had a internal teacher, other students were given multiple tries to perfect their speaking. I got A*/As in other exams but the speaking brought it down. I hate that teacher, bit**
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They'll probably stop it and tell you to take a few minutes to gather yourself and calm down, let you get some water or something. Make sure you practice and rehearse a lot so it doesn't happen.
username3089818
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
AWWW dont worry in my english language I stopped and was about to cry but they stopped and allowed me to calm down.Dont worry
username2899906
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Puddhi Tamer 69)
They'll probably laugh at you

I would
Then you clearly don't have very good empathy skills.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
As said above do some practice and that will help reduce nerves and mistakes.
Puddhi Tamer 69
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not really
I just find it funny
leahnj
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i thought this was going to be me but hioonestly speaking exams r not half as bad as you think annd youll be amazing!! really don't worry x
I_Hate_School
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know someone who fell off the chair during their exam. My teacher had to sit there and say ‘the candidate has fell of their chair’ to the recorder before he stopped it xD
Loci Pi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had a panic attack in my French Speaking mock exam. My vision went really blurry and I couldn't read my role play card! As it was only a mock, my teacher stopped the tape and let me do it again the next day (with a new photo and role play).
I spoke to my teacher about it and they arranged so I could have breaks in my exam if necessary, where they pause the recording. You cannot have a break after the teacher has asked a question, as it would result in having more time to think of a response. You need to organize it a few weeks before the exam though, I think the teacher has to check with the exam board. In the end, I didn't use any breaks in my exam. Once I was in the exam, it wasn't as bad as I expected.

For me, the preparation time was the most nerve wracking part because I was worried about making mistakes in the speaking. I recommend you stop writing about 2 minutes before the end of the prep time and take some deep breaths, so when you walk in the speaking room you don't feel light headed from panicking about it.

Bonne chance (or whatever language you study)! :goodluck:
Sataris
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not many people know this, but if you swear during the exam they have to erase the tape and start over. So if you mess up, you know what to do!
Loci Pi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sataris)
Not many people know this, but if you swear during the exam they have to erase the tape and start over. So if you mess up, you know what to do!
Wish I had known this for my speaking last Monday haha
My friend accidentally swore in his English Speaking and Listening presentation because he was so 'passionate about his topic' and had to start over.
Sataris
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Loci Pi)
Wish I had known this for my speaking last Monday haha
My friend accidentally swore in his English Speaking and Listening presentation because he was so 'passionate about his topic' and had to start over.
I feel like that shouldn't even count against him as long as he wasn't swearing for the sake of it. I remember for English GCSE we had to a do a monologue in character from Journey's End, and I think it would have added something in that case. Some of my classmates got way too passionate and emotive in that one...
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I burst into tears in my first one, she just took me to the library and sat me down
we then did months of working on getting me to speak as clear as possible (have problems with this) and in the end i ended up doing my orals with her facing the wall
got an A by some miracle
good luck :hugs:
Loci Pi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sataris)
I feel like that shouldn't even count against him as long as he wasn't swearing for the sake of it. I remember for English GCSE we had to a do a monologue in character from Journey's End, and I think it would have added something in that case. Some of my classmates got way too passionate and emotive in that one...
Yeah, he was really mad about it. Luckily on his second try he god distinction, but his first try was apparently only a merit, so it all turned out well in the end. I guess teachers don't like swearing in case the head of department or an examiner sees it or something.
Sataris
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
I burst into tears in my first one, she just took me to the library and sat me down
we then did months of working on getting me to speak as clear as possible (have problems with this) and in the end i ended up doing my orals with her facing the wall
got an A by some miracle
good luck :hugs:
Your teacher:

Name:  5bc.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  25.0 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads