The Student Room Group

D2 Resource Levelling AQA

I have literally no idea how to solve any resource levelling question. My marks are capped at 72 because I have never been able to obtain any on resource levelling.

Can someone, pretty please, explain how to go about solving them? Are there any in depth resources I could use?

Here's a simple example if you need one to illustrate an explanation (part d).

Attachment not found
Screenshot_20180430-184841.png
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Hubrillity
I have literally no idea how to solve any resource levelling question. My marks are capped at 72 because I have never been able to obtain any on resource levelling.

Can someone, pretty please, explain how to go about solving them? Are there any in depth resources I could use?

Here's a simple example if you need one to illustrate an explanation (part d).

Attachment not found
Screenshot_20180430-184841.png

Have a look at http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/download/Maths/A-level/D2/Worksheets-Notes/AQA%20D2%20Revision%20Sheets.pdf
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2

Thank you but having looked at that several times over the last few weeks, I am none the wiser. The scenario of a friend helping out for an hour has never come up in an AQA D2 past paper, and I feel like a discoursive text to walk me through the steps of resource levelling (significantly lengthier than this) would prove much more useful.
Thank you but having looked at that several times over the last few weeks, I am none the wiser. The scenario of a friend helping out for an hour has never come up in an AQA D2 past paper, and I feel like a discoursive text to walk me through the steps of resource levelling (significantly lengthier than this) would prove much more useful.

OK, I'm afraid the last time I looked at decision maths was 6 years ago, and so nowadays, whilst I am knowledgeable in areas like algorithms and graph theory, which are covered in university-level pure maths, my knowledge doesn't extend to this part of the syllabus. For that reason, I can't give you a full explanation myself. But what I will do is page some people who do know about this:

@Notnek
@RDKGames

Hopefully they'll reply to you soon, and be more helpful than I was.
Reply 4
Original post by Prasiortle
OK, I'm afraid the last time I looked at decision maths was 6 years ago, and so nowadays, whilst I am knowledgeable in areas like algorithms and graph theory, which are covered in university-level pure maths, my knowledge doesn't extend to this part of the syllabus. For that reason, I can't give you a full explanation myself. But what I will do is page some people who do know about this:

@Notnek
@RDKGames

Thank you very much!
Reply 5

@Notnek
@RDKGames

Decision is a no go area for me :smile: Also, I'm fine with new spec A Level stats (S1/2 mainly) but for anything beyond that I may not be the best person to tag!
Original post by Notnek
Decision is a no go area for me :smile: Also, I'm fine with new spec A Level stats (S1/2 mainly) but for anything beyond that I may not be the best person to tag!

OK sorry! Wow is there anyone on these forums who knows decision?
Reply 7
OK sorry! Wow is there anyone on these forums who knows decision?

Hmm I think @ghostwalker may be the resident decision expert? (sorry if I've got that wrong!). I can't think of anyone else who regularly replies to decision threads.
Reply 8
@Prasiortle of course with the new spec we'll probably stop seeing regular decision threads. Only FM students who are doing the decision option will be doing decision maths so that's not that many people.
Original post by Notnek
Hmm I think @ghostwalker may be the resident decision expert? (sorry if I've got that wrong!). I can't think of anyone else who regularly replies to decision threads.

Thank you very much!

OK, tagging @ghostwalker! OP thanks for being patient with us.
Original post by Notnek

OK, tagging @ghostwalker! OP thanks for being patient with us.

'Fraid this is a can of worms that I didn't want to get involved with, which is why I hadn't replied. I don't know what is taught at A-level - no books on that area -, and couldn't do any better job, probably far worse, even if I had the time, than the resources available on the 'net.
Original post by ghostwalker
'Fraid this is a can of worms that I didn't want to get involved with, which is why I hadn't replied. I don't know what is taught at A-level - no books on that area -, and couldn't do any better job, probably far worse, even if I had the time, than the resources available on the 'net.

OK, thanks for your time anyway. So do you know of anyone who can help with decision, or is the OP just stuffed?
Reply 12
OK, thanks for your time anyway. So do you know of anyone who can help with decision, or is the OP just stuffed?

To be honest, general questions like "How do I do this topic" can't really be answered well on TSR. The OP needs to refer back to their textbook/notes or ask their teacher. For specific questions there may be someone who can help.
Yeah so I was never taught this either. Whenever I ask my teacher she just says "Think about it logically" :/
ughh sadly i am too late to assist

Quick Reply

Latest