The Student Room Group

I am stuck deciding whats the best path for me!

Hey everyone :smile:

I have just turned 22 and have always wanted to go to university to study to be a paramedic. I have supported myself from a young age meaning when I left school it was better for me if i went to earn money and progressed that way. When I left school I went straight into a apprenticeship, which led me to a great job working in Health Care. It all kind of fell into place and thats where I stayed for 5 years.

Last year I decided to do an online access course, I applied for university and was thrilled when I got in for September 2018! This year has been a bit of a rocky one so far, putting me behind with my access course which I think now I am too behind to be finished in time for university this year. I also am struggling ALOT with the course, there is no support at all from the company and you are very much on your own.

Im worried that if I pull out of university this year in the hope that I will be in a better situation financially and academically next year that it will go against me wanting to apply for next years in take at the same university?

Also I will be 23 when I start is that too old? I just need a little bit of guidance from anyone that can help :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Go uni
Go achieve your dreams
Reply 2
Original post by Puddhi Tamer 69
Go uni
Go achieve your dreams

Thank you :smile: Would it affect my future applications to pull out of this year and go in 2019? Im not too sure how it all works and I really dont want to mess it up!
Original post by lewoe2018
Thank you :smile: Would it affect my future applications to pull out of this year and go in 2019? Im not too sure how it all works and I really dont want to mess it up!

No it wouldn't affect, just call ucas or the uni and say you want to defer until 2019 and 23 is wayyyyyyy young still, don't worry about that. Just go to uni when you feel comfortable and get what you want to get.:smile::smile:
Good Luck friend!!!!:h::h:
Reply 4
I have only got a conditional offer though can I still defer my place? Thank you so much!!! 😊😊
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by lewoe2018
I have only got a conditional offer though can I still defer my place? Thank you so much!!! 😊😊

Yes but you must still meet the conditions of that course for that year.
https://www.ucas.com/deferred-entry

Quick Reply

Latest