GCSE R.S. is biased? Watch

GmAccFlt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Does anyone else find GCSE R.S. unfair for atheists? In my school we are studying Christianity and Islam, and the Muslims and Christians in the class always get 9's in mocks and tests as they have been taught all the scripture and key terms growing up, whereas the rest of us are stuck with grade 6's? Now I understand that R.S. need to be a subject to raise awareness about the beliefs of different religions, but why does there have to be an actual exam on it? I wouldn't mind just doing lessons, but when some people have to work really hard just to get a grade below theists who don't have to revise at all, it just seems unfair.
Issakatie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
well it is a bit biased,like people who get extra gcses in their native language, but there's no reason why you can't just learn it,unfortunately life is very unfair
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
inoubliable
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Like said above.

Learning and remembering all those stuff - they've had to do it as well, just at an earlier stage. We have some atheists in our class that comes out with 9s all the time. Similarly with language, you can come out with a 9 if you're not native, it just requires extra work. In fact, native speakers may struggle getting 9s, especially in writing and speaking, because they write/speak naturally, not in a regimented fashion, which can also be applied to RS - they know the teachings and practices, but when talking about it, they won't expand it enough.
username2899906
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I am atheist. I lost 5 marks on paper 1 mock. If you work hard, you will be rewarded.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (36)
13.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (54)
20.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (32)
12.4%
How can I be the best version of myself? (78)
30.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed