The Student Room Group

Uni of huddersfield vs uni of bradford

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sweetheart<3
I will be applying to both Foundation in Clinical Sciences at Bradford Univeristy as well as the Science Extended Degree at Huddersfield University - with the hope of them both leading to Pharmacy. Reading other threads I've seen the common 'Bradford is better for Pharmacy' but they've been threads from 7/8 years back. As I've checked the league tables now, Huddersfield seems to be one rank above Bradford.
What I would like to know is that has anyone completed a degree or know anything about the two courses I've applied to?
I would appreciate some help on which would be a better choice and why?

Thank you for your help

League tables really won't be relevant for pharmacy, what's the difference in any placement experience they can help you get or in the types of assessments or teaching they do? do you prefer either city of the two?
Original post by claireestelle
League tables really won't be relevant for pharmacy, what's the difference in any placement experience they can help you get or in the types of assessments or teaching they do? do you prefer either city of the two?

They're both quite similar in that context. That is why I was hoping for some extra opinions. Have you heard of any of the foundation years and if so which one is said to be much more beneficial?
Original post by Sweetheart<3
They're both quite similar in that context. That is why I was hoping for some extra opinions. Have you heard of any of the foundation years and if so which one is said to be much more beneficial?

I haven't specifically heard of them but looking at huddersfield you'd need 70% to progress to pharmacy, i'd contact bradford and find out what they expect to get onto pharmacy and make your decision around that.
Hi :smile:

To progress from Foundation in Clinical Sciences / Medicine on to Pharmacy, you would need to achieve 70% average across the year, pass all modules at first attempt and pass the Chemistry module at 70% or above.

Despite possibly looking to study Pharmacy from a Foundation year, you would still need to apply for Pharmacy on UCAS and be offered the Foundation at interview stage.

We are still accepting applications for Pharmacy/Foundation if you are looking to begin this September :smile:

Hope this helps!

Joe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending