The Student Room Group

Durham v Edinburgh for English Literature

Hello,

I’ve been having a lot of trouble deciding between Durham University and the University of Edinburgh for English Literature. Seeing as they’re both asking for the same high grades, I’ll probably only firm only one of them on UCAS, but I can’t make my mind up between the two. I definitely have my own pros and cons for each university, but when weighing both up to make an overall decision I’m really not sure. I recently visited both again hoping it’d help to make my mind up, but I still have no idea! I think the main things for me is student satisfaction, how reputable the university is, the teaching quality and what the city is like. I was just wondering if anyone has any experiences at either university, and what they felt the advantages and disadvantages were for them? Also has anyone been in a similar situation in choosing between two universities, and what did they do to make a decision?

Thank you so much for any help!
I’m in the same position at the moment, choosing between Edinburgh and Durham for English Lit. I think I’m going to go with Durham because 1) it’s ranked better for English Lit 2) I prefer the course itself as you have to do other subjects alongside your major at Scottish unis and 3) I prefer the general feel of the place more - the city is smaller which I like and I really like the collegiate system

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending