The Student Room Group

Help revising with english lit!

I'm currently in year 12, studying english lit from the edexcel board. Both of my teachers are **** and I'm struggling revising and helping myself at home to improve my essay writing and what to include/follow to get the higher marks. Does anyone have helpful tips that helped you improve your grades? I've been getting E's and U's this whole year and I really feel demotivated and stressed.
What texts are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by bloodygoth
What texts are you doing?

Frankenstein and The Handmaid's Tale
General tips

-use PEARL
so point evidence analysis relate (to context) and then link back to question. This keeps your answers structures.

-get to know your texts
it's never too late. Read chapter summaries and understand different quotes.

- I enjoyed discussing different themes with my sister so maybe you could discuss the texts with a friend/ sibling.

- I did AS English literature and throughout the whole year I was getting pretty average/ bad marks but I got an A in the real AS exam.

- You need to motivate yourself. Often we know the problem but we like to blame issues on external factors. Have a growth mindset and believe you can get a grade!
Original post by 01MYG
Frankenstein and The Handmaid's Tale

I'm doing Frankenstein for A2. I don't know the text as well as I should but I have a power points on different themes and exploration of quotes in conjunction with the themes. I could send them to you. They are presentations that we did in class!
Reply 5
Original post by bloodygoth
I'm doing Frankenstein for A2. I don't know the text as well as I should but I have a power points on different themes and exploration of quotes in conjunction with the themes. I could send them to you. They are presentations that we did in class!

that would be helpful if you send them to me, thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending