The Student Room Group

Anyone else regret the uni course they’ve chosen?

Just wanted to know if anyone else realises they hate thier degree course but they cba to start over and waste more years in uni.

What course are you doing atm?

(Im doing pharmacy 😒)
Reply 1
Original post by mygradesarecrap
Just wanted to know if anyone else realises they hate thier degree course but they cba to start over and waste more years in uni.

(Im doing pharmacy 😒)

Yes there is a thread on this somewhere quite a few are in the 2nd year.

Why do you hate it?
Are you dropping out or something?
Reply 2
I did first time around, so I left after a month ish.
Yes, I’ve recently changed mine. I’m in my first year so I’ll be doing my first year again. It seems 100% worth it to me, I couldn’t pretend to be interested anymore, I hated my degree but I knew I wanted to stay on at uni. So I picked something I’d be happy with and did my research. I’m starting that in September.
Original post by iodo345
Yes there is a thread on this somewhere quite a few are in the 2nd year.

Why do you hate it?
Are you dropping out or something?

I dont find the course difficult. I guess i just dont look forward to learn something new, nothing is interesting, i lack motivation. I cant wait to just get out of uni and HOPEFULLY get a job.
Ive always been about revision, getting good grades, a maths and science enthusiast but so far pharmacy has made me HATE that.... and maths amd science is all that im good at, so i wouldnt know another career to switch to.

Dropping out isnt an option, parents wont allow it. I have strict parents. Even if i did id feel so lost as to what to do.
Original post by gjd800
I did first time around, so I left after a month ish.

Lucky
Original post by Jasminead123
Yes, I’ve recently changed mine. I’m in my first year so I’ll be doing my first year again. It seems 100% worth it to me, I couldn’t pretend to be interested anymore, I hated my degree but I knew I wanted to stay on at uni. So I picked something I’d be happy with and did my research. I’m starting that in September.

I wish i researched into a dofferent degree sooner... but its too late for me now to apply or switch to another course.
Ive always loved and been good at maths amd science and out of all courses pharmacy suited me the most.... but now after 8 months at uni... my course has made me HATE science.

Im just praying i make it through these years and graduate. Then i can make my parents happy and i can be relieved i dont have to spend a second longer in uni. Tbh i probs will only work part time as a pharmacist to save money to start my own coffee shop on the side. Then im ditching that sh*tyy career and not doing anything related to education again.

Uni made me hate education and i used to be a academic nerd who loved education.
Was it the people in your class that made you hate this course?

If you're really unhappy then you should try to switch courses
Original post by Tiffany42
Was it the people in your class that made you hate this course?

If you're really unhappy then you should try to switch courses

Everyone is decent on my course... cant lie i dont really have anyone i hang around with on a daily basis. So that puts me off uni aswell since its extra boring.

I wouldnt know what to switch courses to. Uni has made me hate education so much. Dropping out of uni isnt an option due to parents. So im just gonna power through this BS
Everyone is decent on my course... cant lie i dont really have anyone i hang around with on a daily basis. So that puts me off uni aswell since its extra boring.

I wouldnt know what to switch courses to. Uni has made me hate education so much. Dropping out of uni isnt an option due to parents. So im just gonna power through this BS

I have the exact same problem ngl
I will never, ever regret my undergraduate degree. It was totally the right choice for me.

I kinda regret my postgrad degree and am hoping I land a job unrelated to it during my Leave of Absence so I can quit

(Im doing pharmacy 😒)

Nope, always wanted to do what is basically a problem solving and logical reasoning degree in its purest sense. None of the applied chump stuff in physics, engineering, chemistry etc

Only thing I regret is maybe not applying to US unis as I kind of like the idea of a liberal arts education with classes in not just my course but human history, philosophy, languages, psychology, neuroscience etc

I do Maths and CompSci
(edited 5 years ago)
Yep I hate it. So I'm leaving and joining the Army to get a trade and serve my country. Don't see the point in wasting anymore time or money on a pointless degree that doesn't interest me, nor give me any incredible job prospects.

(Im doing pharmacy 😒)

Business Management, and yeah I do regret this.

Also regret choosing this university over my other choices.
Reply 14
Lucky

Not so much lucky as proactive.
Yes, I regretted it in year 2 but I passed it off as me being upset about some things going on in my personal life. I realised that I detested my course when I went back in year 3. I feel very jaded by what I have been studying for the past few years. I no longer see it as an inspirational and creative industry and simply see it as a business.

I don't really like the people on the course as its become so very robotic. almost everything has become about point scoring, I always knew I was going into a competitive industry but I don't believe that is me. The best way I can sum it up is my friend was struggling with a technicality and was met by people saying to him "why are you even here?".
I don't regret my degree choice per se, just would have chosen a different one if I could go back in time

Quick Reply

Latest