How do you re-take your AS June exams? Watch

eskeetit
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

I do 3 A level subjects and will be sitting my AS levels next week.
However, if everything doesn't go to plan and I get disappointing results in my AS level exams, how am i supposed to retake them in January?

As in, will I have to resit each exam for my subject or can I choose which unit of the subject i want to resit? Say I have 3 exams for a subject, did ok in 2 and did poorly on one, do i only have to resit that one or do i have to resit all 3 exams?

And how exactly will that give me an overall grade?
metaphoricalworm
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by eskeetit)
Hi everyone,

However, if everything doesn't go to plan and I get disappointing results in my AS level exams, how am i supposed to retake them in January?

As in, will I have to resit each exam for my subject or can I choose which unit of the subject i want to resit? Say I have 3 exams for a subject, did ok in 2 and did poorly on one, do i only have to resit that one or do i have to resit all 3 exams?

You can't resit in January; you can apply to re-do them at an education centre, eg your sixth form, but in June next year
eskeetit
Rep:
?
Are you sure? How come there are many AS january exam past papers
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

You can resit modular A level unit exams in January IF you are doing EDEXCEL international A levels. You just resit the exams you want to improve and the ums from improved results replace that from the original exams to calculate a new grade. January AS/A level exams have not been available in England for several years.

Most subjects in England are now linear, AS results don't count towards the final A level grade, you would not resit AS.
eskeetit
Rep:
?
Oh. I do IAL modular A levels. So will i be able to retake them?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh. I do IAL modular A levels. So will i be able to retake them?
Probably

Some units are not available for January resit but most AS ones are. Check the specification that will tell you or the exams timetable.
Even if the exam is available, you need to check with your school or other exam centre whether they will provide the chance to take it in January.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed