The Student Room Group

Maths league tables? Exeter 25th??

The new Maths league tables have changed quite a lot with Exeter now dropping 25th and below most other RG unis

Just wondering what the reasons for this may be and whether it’s still a good uni for Maths as wasn’t considering firming but now not sure
Reply 1
Original post by Anna3000
The new Maths league tables have changed quite a lot with Exeter now dropping 25th and below most other RG unis

Just wondering what the reasons for this may be and whether it’s still a good uni for Maths as wasn’t considering firming but now not sure

League table does not reflect the strength of a Maths department or determines if it's course is good. Many factors that are taken into consideration fluctuates year by year (e.g. student satisfaction), and is completely irrelevant to how good the course actually is.

Exeter's Maths course is good, and offer a lot of flexibility to study other subjects. It also has many links with companies. I'd suggest you look at the course module and see if it's to your liking, as well as take into consideration if you truly feel like you'll fit I'm, and also if you like the location
Original post by Anna3000

The new rankings are pretty weird because of the whole points system change, wouldn't put any stock into it.

For what it's worth, I do half maths here and I don't really have any complaints. The uni is still pretty firmly perceived as ~top 15 in most cases.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest