Cutting someone off then regretting it? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’m considering cutting someone off (a toxic friendship that shouldn’t have started in the first place). I believe 100% the right thing to do for me as I have a lot of resentment towards her and she contributed to a lot of my negative feelings/thoughts over the years. We hardly ever speak anyway so it’s not like it’ll be a massive change.

Despite all of this, we do have a lot of good memories and it’s a weird thought that I’ll no longer have anything to do with someone I’ve known since babyhood. She’s also currently the only friend I’ve got that acts her age and is up for going on holidays.

Anyone ever cut someone off for the best but had moments of regret? How did you deal with it?
Quiet _One86
Badges: 16
Report 1 year ago
Cutting someone off is usually lead to a point of no return for self preservation. You obviously had your reasons and therefore did what you felt was needed to ensure a better you. I myself cut someone off after it affected everything around me at the time, and I haven't really looked back since. Toxic relations are just that. Stay strong. Alas its been hard for you from the sounds of it to come to said decision, especially since it's someone you've known for a long time, maybe write them a letter or email to explain how you're feeling and if you're feeling brave then give it to them, and allow yourself some actual space for them to process what you've written in how you're feeling and if its still not working out and explain to them, that it's probably better off that you parted company based on what you wrote and feel. Appreciate the past for its good times but its not enough now as its gotten toxic. Best of luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (362)
66.91%
No (179)
33.09%

Watched Threads