The Student Room Group

Help on deciding

Hi
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Josephd1998
Hi guys,

I am struggling to make a decision for University. I now have one day to make a decision and I am the most indecisive person ever.

I have received 2 x offers for Ulster University (Magee) (Computing Science, Information Technology), 1 x Offer for Queens (Computing and Information Technology) , 1 x Offer for Liverpool (Computer Science) and 1 x Dundee (Computing Science).

I am starting to panic. I have been thinking of the costs, bursaries, travel time, student experience and cannot make up my mind. Any advice would be appreciated! I want to experience a different country, but would like the ability to just drive home (which Queens and Ulster I can) instead of getting flights. The fees are so expensive in the UK (9.25k) compared to 4k here.

As said any help would be appreciated as at this stage I could end up just selecting random universities.

Thanks!

Just draw up a grid and score the 10 or 15 important factors for you to see if there are clear winners.

Have you visited them all? Liverpool should be fairly easy to get to using the ferry?

Dont forget the debt is quasi debt that most people wont pay back.

Dundee is a strange one and quite a distance.

Talk to people on the course.

Even after accepting you can still drop out and use clearing.

Rep
Course structure
Facilities
Uni
City
Accommodation
Cost
SU
Distance
Night life
Employability.

Not all students from NI like coming across to the mainland. they can get homesick, but others love it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending