The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by agm99
Freaking out about the French exams, feel like I'm not prepared enough... Any advice/tips/help on how to revise would be much appreciated!!

Literally, I feel the exact same!
at the moment I'm preparing for my speaking exam. So I'm making posters on each theme that include key information, summaries and a couple of statistics oh and like how to link it with francophone countries. But I haven't gotten far because I have to revise for two other A-levels.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by hiddenhusky
Literally, I feel the exact same!
at the moment I'm preparing for my speaking exam. So I'm making posters on each theme that include key information, summaries and a couple of statistics oh and like how to link it with francophone countries. But I haven't gotten far because I have to revise for two other A-levels.
Yes I'm doing exactly the same thing! There's just so much to know and remember and yet we'll only be asked about one topic!! And then on top of that we have to try and get in complex structures! But relieved that I'm not the only one feeling like this and I think we're revising in the only way we can. Thank you for replying, and best of luck with your exams!!
Reply 4
Original post by agm99
Freaking out about the French exams, feel like I'm not prepared enough... Any advice/tips/help on how to revise would be much appreciated!!

I'm stressing too but mainly because of the essays :frown: Have you done much for them?
Reply 5
Original post by heartsoo
I'm stressing too but mainly because of the essays :frown: Have you done much for them?

hardly any :frown: ! What exam board are you using? I'm doing aqa, so we have one essay on a film and another on a book.. Is that same for you?
Reply 6
Original post by agm99
hardly any :frown: ! What exam board are you using? I'm doing aqa, so we have one essay on a film and another on a book.. Is that same for you?

I'm with Eduqas but yeah it's exactly the same - doing Au Revoir les Enfants and No et Moi. I really need to start revising for them now but my speaking's on Thursday so that's been taking up all of my time :/
I’m doing No et Moi. Such a dull book. I’m also doing La Haine. I’ve done my speaking, it went okay. Got patrimoine as my topic. You can’t revise much because you don’t know what will come up, but just get some facts and some complex structures in and you’ll be fine.
Reply 8
I'm with Eduqas but yeah it's exactly the same - doing Au Revoir les Enfants and No et Moi. I really need to start revising for them now but my speaking's on Thursday so that's been taking up all of my time :/

I feel the same!! What I'm doing is making mind maps on each scene/chapter just like a tiny summary, then i'm going to do a mind map on themes and characters and one on sentence structures to include- don't know what else I can do! They are so difficult AQA has a document on useful phrases and i could try and send that to you if you want? How are you revising for speaking?
Reply 9
Original post by zozo200016
I’m doing No et Moi. Such a dull book. I’m also doing La Haine. I’ve done my speaking, it went okay. Got patrimoine as my topic. You can’t revise much because you don’t know what will come up, but just get some facts and some complex structures in and you’ll be fine.

Ah okay! I'm doing La Haine also and un sac de billes. So nervous for the speaking that my mind will just go blank!! But well done! Yep I'll try do that, there are just so many topics that we could be asked about!! Patrimoine is probably my least favourite haha, but so excited that it'll be out of the way soon!
Reply 10
Original post by agm99
I feel the same!! What I'm doing is making mind maps on each scene/chapter just like a tiny summary, then i'm going to do a mind map on themes and characters and one on sentence structures to include- don't know what else I can do! They are so difficult AQA has a document on useful phrases and i could try and send that to you if you want? How are you revising for speaking?

They all sound like good ideas I really need to do the same and yeah it's true there's not much that you can do :frown: Please could you send me that document it sounds really helpful.

I'm currently just reading over my IRP notes and trying to memorise facts and statistics for each topic. Doesn't really feel like I'm doing much though which is annoying :/
Reply 11
They all sound like good ideas I really need to do the same and yeah it's true there's not much that you can do :frown: Please could you send me that document it sounds really helpful.

I'm currently just reading over my IRP notes and trying to memorise facts and statistics for each topic. Doesn't really feel like I'm doing much though which is annoying :/

ooh I've just remembered another link which was soo helpful- it gives loads of facts about each topic and little videos and links to newspaper articles, I'm currently making notes on these for each topic and for my IRP. Once on the site, click on A level at the top and all the subjects are there.
http://relevantideas.weebly.com/
Hope that helps!!
Reply 12
Original post by agm99
ooh I've just remembered another link which was soo helpful- it gives loads of facts about each topic and little videos and links to newspaper articles, I'm currently making notes on these for each topic and for my IRP. Once on the site, click on A level at the top and all the subjects are there.
http://relevantideas.weebly.com/
Hope that helps!!

Oh my gosh that website's amazing! Thank you so much :smile:

When's your speaking?
Reply 13
Oh my gosh that website's amazing! Thank you so much :smile:

When's your speaking?

No worries! Mines the 15th and I have a mock on the 9th and 10th.
yo im french ask me anything bro
Reply 15
Original post by OmarTheFrenchFry
yo im french ask me anything bro

Haha thank yoouuuu!!!
Original post by agm99
Ah okay! I'm doing La Haine also and un sac de billes. So nervous for the speaking that my mind will just go blank!! But well done! Yep I'll try do that, there are just so many topics that we could be asked about!! Patrimoine is probably my least favourite haha, but so excited that it'll be out of the way soon!

Patrimoine was my least favourite too- of course I got it! 😂
Original post by agm99
Yes I'm doing exactly the same thing! There's just so much to know and remember and yet we'll only be asked about one topic!! And then on top of that we have to try and get in complex structures! But relieved that I'm not the only one feeling like this and I think we're revising in the only way we can. Thank you for replying, and best of luck with your exams!!

best of luck to you too, my speaking exam is tomorrow morning :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by hiddenhusky
best of luck to you too, my speaking exam is tomorrow morning :frown:

You got this 💪 hope it goes amazing!
Original post by agm99

Do you have any essays for Sac De Billes and La Haine? I'm doing the same but have no good essays on either

Latest