Is 6'5 (197cm) too tall for a 16 year old girl? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya!
I'm a 6'5 girl. I'm in the UK and sadly I'm still growing. I'm also super lanky.
At school I'm the tallest including boys and I feel bad about it. I always have people ask to compare heights etc. Am I too tall for a girl? I'll likely get a bit taller too. What can I do to blend in more.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Too tall? No such thing.

Taller than average? Obviously, yes.

Own it. Don't shy away from it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Drewski)
Too tall? No such thing.

Taller than average? Obviously, yes.

Own it. Don't shy away from it.
It's just hard as every other girl is so small I feel massive
Sataris
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Find a tall boyfriend and power through life, everyone will be too afraid to confront the two of you
The Scotfather
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hiya!
I'm a 6'5 girl. I'm in the UK and sadly I'm still growing. I'm also super lanky.
At school I'm the tallest including boys and I feel bad about it. I always have people ask to compare heights etc. Am I too tall for a girl? I'll likely get a bit taller too. What can I do to blend in more.
Theres nothing to worry about. You could be the tallest at your school but you may be closer to average at another or not the tallest. Just own it.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's just hard as every other girl is so small I feel massive
Yeah, but they're just going to get lost in the crowd of mediocrity.
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're 6'5. Considerably above the average height for men and waaaaaay above the average height for women.

You're probably not going to ever 'blend in'. So you should own it. If it makes you feel insecure, don't compare heights anymore then
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Take up basketball and get a free ride at a good US university. :cool:
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tall? Yes. Too tall? No such thing. I'm guessing both your parents are tall too?

Are you sporty? Basketball, netball, high jump etc would be good with your body shape.
Sataris
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lol I wondered how long it would be until the basketball comments started showing up
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sataris)
Find a tall boyfriend and power through life, everyone will be too afraid to confront the two of you
Even guys are too scared to talk to me now

(Original post by chrissy99)
Theres nothing to worry about. You could be the tallest at your school but you may be closer to average at another or not the tallest. Just own it.
6'5 girl is never closer to average

(Original post by Drewski)
Yeah, but they're just going to get lost in the crowd of mediocrity.
But I don't want to be tall lol

(Original post by somemightsay888)
You're 6'5. Considerably above the average height for men and waaaaaay above the average height for women.

You're probably not going to ever 'blend in'. So you should own it. If it makes you feel insecure, don't compare heights anymore then
I don't really want to say no though. Wish I could blend in 😭

(Original post by Sabertooth)
Take up basketball and get a free ride at a good US university. :cool:
Aha I'm actually so bad at it

(Original post by Duncan2012)
Tall? Yes. Too tall? No such thing. I'm guessing both your parents are tall too?

Are you sporty? Basketball, netball, high jump etc would be good with your body shape.
Nah I'm not that sport. My mums 5'4 and dads 6'2.
Anonymous #1
Even guys are too scared to talk to me now

6'5 girl is never closer to average

I don't really want to say no though. Wish I could blend in 😭

Aha I'm actually so bad at it

Nah I'm not that sport. My mums 5'4 and dads 6'2.
Sporty*
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Model?
Anonymous #1
Model?
My face isn't really model material sadly. I'm not ugly but not great
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Super popular with the netball team
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, sorry, but tough! You are, so you'll have to learn to cope.
Make it your thing.

Sure, some people are going to be narrow minded... But that was always going to be the case, no matter what your proportions.
Joel 96
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I won't beat around the bush, 6'5 is phenomenally tall for a girl, and at 16 years old where you're likely to grow just a little bit more. You could end up being 6'6-7. Too tall is an interesting description. We must ask, "Too tall for what?", otherwise it's just a blanket description that implies you're too tall for anything - even existing.

Obviously that's not true, so I guess you'll have to specify your question a little more. As for the question about blending in, it's a little hard to hide your height from the public, unless you're sitting down. So you could either go around in a wheelchair/one of those electric ones, or just face the reality that you are who you are. Make it your thing. You won't find any trouble making friends or finding a partner if you don't let your own appearance restrict your inability to do what everybody else does, like socializing and going out. You'll inevitably come across people who will ask how tall you are, or make a comment on your height. Brush it off and act like it doesn't effect you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.63%
Pop (231)
24.81%
Jazz (35)
3.76%
Classical (56)
6.02%
Hip-Hop (174)
18.69%