Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
The TSR Eurovision vote 2018!

Watch: BBC One* | YouTube
* A TV Licence is required to watch BBC live broadcasts

Do you like catchy tunes, flamboyant costumes, and ridiculous yet oddly wonderful competition? Well then, I have some good news for you. It's Eurovision time! :awesome:

All the song scores will show at the top of this very thread page, updated in real-time throughout the show. If you're joining us from the TSR App, then you'll need to view Nul Points in a separate page instead.

Semi-finals: Tuesday 8th and Thursday 10th May 8:00PM
Grand final: Saturday 12th May 8:00PM

How it works

Vote on each act as they perform throughout the show. When the box at the top displays "Vote now!" next to a country, post in this thread with a rating out of ten to rate their act, e.g. That was fantastic! 8/10. You don't need to say which country your score is for, just make sure to vote at the correct time.

Voting for each act opens roughly 30 seconds after it starts, and lasts up until the beginning of the next song. You can only vote once on each song. To be sure your vote counts, post a reply near the end of each performance.

Votes are also counted via Twitter. Using the same x/10 format and hashtag #eurovision, your vote will be counted alongside votes from TSR.

What are the "Rating" and "Controversy" scores?

Rating is the average of all users' scores, with some clever maths to make it a bit clearer how the songs rank against each other. Controversy is the standard deviation of all submitted scores, which means the more divided opinion there is on a song, the higher the controversy rating will be.

Can this predict the result?

Of course! But whether that prediction is right or not, who can say?

It's not working! Help?

Don't panic, first just try reloading the page. And remember, it might take a little while for votes to be counted up, so please be patient! You can also use the "view map" button to get the full country list appearing in a separate window, if you need to.

Dez
Rep:
?
If you're using the mobile thread beta, the scoreboard won't appear for you at the top of the page unfortunately. Not sure if I can sneak in a hotfix for this before the contest, but I'll see if it's possible.

Edit: Hotfix sneaked. :ninja: The scoreboard should now be available for all non-app users. :top:
MdE77
  • TSR Group Staff
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Dez)
If you're using the mobile thread beta, the scoreboard won't appear for you at the top of the page unfortunately. Not sure if I can sneak in a hotfix for this before the contest, but I'll see if it's possible.

Edit: Hotfix sneaked. :ninja: The scoreboard should now be available for all non-app users. :top:
:eyebrow:
Dr_Roxx1574
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm. So excited, 4 hrs to go
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
laurawatt
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
IKEAPanda37 :gah: :gah: :gah:
Dez
Rep:
?
Exactly 111 minutes to go now, and the contest will begin.
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Snufkin PQ I'm sure you're already watching this thread...
Snufkin
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Snufkin PQ I'm sure you're already watching this thread...
:awesome:

I hope the songs I bet on go through. :flute:
Dez
Rep:
?
New feature for this year btw: Half-points (e.g. 6.5/10) should now be counted correctly. Not tested it yet though so tonight's semi-final will be the guinea pig to see if my code works. :p:
Demesne7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
omg yay eurovision thread

today's semi is pretty strong. we'll probably have to say goodbye to some quality acts rly excited anyway!!
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Dez)
New feature for this year btw: Half-points (e.g. 6.5/10) should now be counted correctly. Not tested it yet though so tonight's semi-final will be the guinea pig to see if my code works. :p:
^^^ CoolCavy
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
^^^ CoolCavy
The word guinea pig in this thread almost makes up for how terrible Eurovision is
Dez
Rep:
?
^^^ CoolCavy
:lol: Do you have a directory of users with relevant usernames/avatars or do you just do this by memory every time? :p:
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Dez)
:lol: Do you have a directory of users with relevant usernames/avatars or do you just do this by memory every time? :p:
It's a gift. :hat2:

You just need some royalty now: RoyalSheepy
Dr_Roxx1574
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
T minus 30 mins guys, this semi is gonna be great, already picked my top 10.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
FlintofBavaria
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Eh, it's all political. Looking at the main countries that automatically get through, I'm surprised but actually, the UK's is the only interesting one that isn't a boring soppy love song.
Frango
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Oh man... Wish I could take part in the semi finals but I have my horrible modern studies exam tomorrow

See you all in the final though!!!!
Dez
Rep:
?
It begins
Snufkin
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Omgomgomgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg.
Dr_Roxx1574
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Azerbaijan 4/10 the studio version sounded better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (239)
27.28%
No (637)
72.72%

Watched Threads