My cancer journey. Watch

Quizlet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
[Unfortunately, Quizlet passed away on the Wednesday 18 July 2018, there will be no more updates. Thank you for following him on this journey.

Quizlet's friends and family. ]

Hello!

I thought it would be nice to make a "my cancer journey" blog. The reason for this is I want to update people on my progress with chemotherapy and drugs etc. and also give an insight to people who may not have experienced cancer or seen cancer first hand what it's really like.

Don't be afraid to ask me any questions, I will answer any questions as long as it's sensible.

FAQ:

What type of cancer do I have?
Spoiler:
Show

Osteosarcoma (bone cancer).

What stage?
Spoiler:
Show

Stage 1.

What drugs do I take?
Spoiler:
Show

Doxorubicin (chemo drug). I also take a lot of pain killers (I'm in a lot of pain sometimes ).

Am I bald?
Spoiler:
Show

I don't know why but a few people presume that everyone with cancer will go bald. No, I'm not bald, however my hair has thinned a little.

I'll try to keep you updated weekly at the least.

If you'd like to be tagged whenever there is an update, please let me know. Thanks.

Quizlet.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Quizlet)
Hello!

I thought it would be nice to make a "my cancer journey" blog. The reason for this is I want to update people on my progress with chemotherapy and drugs etc. and also give an insight to people who may not have experienced cancer or seen cancer first hand what it's really like.

FAQ:

Spoiler:
Show

What stage?
Spoiler:
Show

Stage 1.

What drugs do I take?
Spoiler:
Show

Doxorubicin (chemo drug). I also take a lot of pain killers (I'm in a lot of pain sometimes ).

Am I bald?
Spoiler:
Show

I don't know why but a few people presume that everyone with cancer will go bald. No, I'm not bald, however my hair has thinned a little.

If you'd like to be tagged whenever there is an update, please let me know. Thanks.

Quizlet.
It's great that you're sharing an insight with us, it must be difficult dealing with the pain from it
Molly.Armstrong
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello!

Don't be afraid to ask me any questions, I will answer any questions as long as it's sensible.

FAQ:

Spoiler:
Show

What stage?
Spoiler:
Show

Stage 1.

What drugs do I take?
Spoiler:
Show

Am I bald?
Spoiler:
Show

Quizlet.
I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with this and I hope all your treatment goes well❤️
You can beat this👊
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello!

FAQ:

Spoiler:
Show

What stage?
Spoiler:
Show

Stage 1.

What drugs do I take?
Spoiler:
Show

Am I bald?
Spoiler:
Show

Quizlet.
Can you tag me? I think this will be a really interesting and insightful read. It also made my heart sink seeing the title of this. I've heard that bone cancer is the most painful cancer there is, do you know if this is true? I remember on the Stand Up to Cancer Bake Off special they showed the story of a little girl with some form of bone cancer and the amount of pain she was in was horrific and I haven't cried like that before when seeing one of those stories.
Quizlet
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Can you tag me? I think this will be a really interesting and insightful read. It also made my heart sink seeing the title of this. I've heard that bone cancer is the most painful cancer there is, do you know if this is true? I remember on the Stand Up to Cancer Bake Off special they showed the story of a little girl with some form of bone cancer and the amount of pain she was in was horrific and I haven't cried like that before when seeing one of those stories.
It is painful, yes. Sometimes I really do breakdown over the pain but I've gotten through it. I'll continue to fight it.

Thanks for letting me know that you want to be tagged, I'll tag you the next time I make an update. :
ayyyy.x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

With you every step of the way x
And thank you for sharing this, definetly will be worth the read and get more of an insight towards someone who has the illness.
And can you tag me aswell?
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is painful, yes. Sometimes I really do breakdown over the pain but I've gotten through it. I'll continue to fight it.

Thanks for letting me know that you want to be tagged, I'll tag you the next time I make an update. :
You can do it, we are all rooting for you!

How were you diagnosed, what kind of symptoms did you have (if any)?
JMR2019.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello!

FAQ:

Spoiler:
Show

What stage?
Spoiler:
Show

Stage 1.

What drugs do I take?
Spoiler:
Show

Am I bald?
Spoiler:
Show

Quizlet.
You are a very brave person! Stay strong and hope you get better soon!
Protostar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Will be following this, please tag me each update? :hugs:
Mill Hill
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello!

FAQ:

Spoiler:
Show

What stage?
Spoiler:
Show

Stage 1.

What drugs do I take?
Spoiler:
Show

Am I bald?
Spoiler:
Show

Quizlet.
My heart is with you. It is fortunate that you have been diagnosed in stage 1, which means statistically good prognosis.

Did you need to undergo a biopsy for the diagnosis to be completed, or did the doctors manage to diagnose the cancer during other investigation?

I know that many cancers are really difficult to diagnose, especially among young people.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello!

FAQ:

Spoiler:
Show

What stage?
Spoiler:
Show

Stage 1.

What drugs do I take?
Spoiler:
Show

Am I bald?
Spoiler:
Show

Quizlet.
Could you tag me in for further updates? Hope you get well soon and you're a very brave person for growing through the pain of treatment.
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Will be following this every step of the way buddy, please tag me :hugs: this is very brave to share your insight here
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
**subbing**

You're a very very fantastic human being.:yep:
Toy Soldiers
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'll be following your thread. It's very brave of you to be sharing your journey however difficult it may be. Question: How old are you and when were you diagnosed?
amzyrads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
good luck g with you all the way x
Quizlet
Rep:
?
Thank you everyone, I'll answer any questions soon.
Know Your Enemy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could you tag me please? I know I'm just repeating what everyone else has said but you're very brave sharing an insight to your journey so I know it'll be worth the read.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please can I be tagged?
When did you first get diagnosed?
Michiyo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello!

FAQ:

Spoiler:
Show

What stage?
Spoiler:
Show

Stage 1.

What drugs do I take?
Spoiler:
Show

Am I bald?
Spoiler:
Show

Quizlet.
OMG it is none other than little Quizzy! :gah: :jumphug:

Tag me, please :puppyeyes:
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely following this! Agree with basically everything everyone else has said :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.15%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.94%
No I am happy with my course choice (389)
56.87%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.04%

Watched Threads