The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quizlet
Thank you very much for the support. We hope he is strong enough to come out of this and to fully recover, nobody really expected it and we are all in shock to say the least, he is a lovely lad. His parents have spoken to the doctor's and we believe his cancer isn't as significant as we thought it was (yes it has spread to lymph nodes but it would be stage 2 cancer which is very much treatable still). We are made to believe that the definite cause of him being weak is due to the cancer itself, one of the tumours has put pressure on his stomach and he has gone progressively weaker over the days until suddenly he hasn't been eating at all, and then suddenly his blood pressure went very low.

Although the doctors believe there is a chance he will pass, it is a relatively small chance (sorry for making it sound like that's definitely going to happen.)

His blood pressure has stabilised back to normal. We do believe his body is considerably weak currently but the doctors believe that he will be okay, there was a high risk of him dying of having a dangerously low blood pressure but thankfully that's not an issue. (If he were to get an infection, he could possibly die and many precautions were taken, he is in a seperate room and we can only visit him for limited periods of time and we needed to hand sanitize etc.)

We are trying to make him as comfortable as possible, and he will be in hospital until he is well enough to go outside. Quizlet has been responsive today, and he is currently responsive right now and is talking. It seems very promising since he is eating (a little) and drinking water, talking to us etc. but he is sleeping a lot and is very tired a lot. He has told me he doesn't want to die and it's unfair, honestly it is and we are all broken to say the least.

But, I'm glad he is responsive and we are cherishing every moment with Quizlet.

If Quizley gets well enough, he may need emergency surgery to remove the stomach tumour, however it is too risky at the moment.

Would you like updates from me about his progress?

David.

Thank you for sharing this more positive news :hugs:
Updates would be absolutely amazing if you're up for sharing :yep:
Sending strength to you all :heart:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 141
Original post by Quizlet
We believe this will be the last ever update for Quizlet.

I am Quizlet's best friend. He is not doing so well and he is continuing to deteriorate. There's no better way to say this but with a heavy heart we believe he may pass later this week. We can only hope he will get better, and I will be beside him all the way. Two days ago he was admitted because his blood pressure went as low as 60/30, the doctors believe the cancer is more significant than once thought, and has spread to his lymph nodes. He is very sick at the moment and is very weak.

Thank you all very much for being here for him. He is now surrounded by his loved ones and close friends.

Thank you.

tag people to get them to know. e.g @AngryJellyfish to let peoppe know
Reply 142
Thanks for the heads up for tagging someone, I am not sure who to tag. Would the following @CoffeeAndPolitics @AngryJellyfish @Lemur14 please "tag" anyone Quizlet knows or forward this information on? Many thanks.

Cheers
Original post by Quizlet
Thanks for the heads up for tagging someone, I am not sure who to tag. Would the following @CoffeeAndPolitics @AngryJellyfish @Lemur14 please "tag" anyone Quizlet knows or forward this information on? Many thanks.

Cheers

Don't worry about the tags or anything, it's more than enough that you're keeping us updated :heart:
Original post by Quizlet
Thank you very much for the support. We hope he is strong enough to come out of this and to fully recover, nobody really expected it and we are all in shock to say the least, he is a lovely lad. His parents have spoken to the doctor's and we believe his cancer isn't as significant as we thought it was (yes it has spread to lymph nodes but it would be stage 2 cancer which is very much treatable still). We are made to believe that the definite cause of him being weak is due to the cancer itself, one of the tumours has put pressure on his stomach and he has gone progressively weaker over the days until suddenly he hasn't been eating at all, and then suddenly his blood pressure went very low.

Although the doctors believe there is a chance he will pass, it is a relatively small chance (sorry for making it sound like that's definitely going to happen.)

His blood pressure has stabilised back to normal. We do believe his body is considerably weak currently but the doctors believe that he will be okay, there was a high risk of him dying of having a dangerously low blood pressure but thankfully that's not an issue. (If he were to get an infection, he could possibly die and many precautions were taken, he is in a seperate room and we can only visit him for limited periods of time and we needed to hand sanitize etc.)

We are trying to make him as comfortable as possible, and he will be in hospital until he is well enough to go outside. Quizlet has been responsive today, and he is currently responsive right now and is talking. It seems very promising since he is eating (a little) and drinking water, talking to us etc. but he is sleeping a lot and is very tired a lot. He has told me he doesn't want to die and it's unfair, honestly it is and we are all broken to say the least.

But, I'm glad he is responsive and we are cherishing every moment with Quizlet.

If Quizley gets well enough, he may need emergency surgery to remove the stomach tumour, however it is too risky at the moment.

Would you like updates from me about his progress?

David.
Thank you very much for updating us David. I know a lot of people here wish Quizlet well, and please pass on all our love.

If it's not too much trouble please update us if there's any news.:heart:
Original post by Quizlet

Cheers

I’m currently on my phone so it’s difficult but if it’s not forwarded to others at some point, I’ll make sure that’s sorted ASAP. My deepest thoughts remain with Quizlet, his friends and his family and it’s encouraging to hear from your latest update that there’s a glimmer of hope. Please take good care of our beloved Quizlet and also take care of yourself. x
Reply 146
An update on today:

I met him early today (8am) and he had another episode of having dangerously low blood pressure :frown:. His skin was quite cool to touch which was quite concerning. He is eating a little (and thankfully he has an appetite) and he is responsive, just not talking as much. He will need to have surgery in 2-3 days in which he has agreed for (if he doesn't then it's possibly the end of the road :frown: ) and a lot of preperation needs to be done. It very much does hurt to see him very weak...

Thank you all for your support once again
Cheers

David
Sending lots of love and wishing Quizlet the best
Original post by Quizlet
An update on today:

I met him early today (8am) and he had another episode of having dangerously low blood pressure :frown:. His skin was quite cool to touch which was quite concerning. He is eating a little (and thankfully he has an appetite) and he is responsive, just not talking as much. He will need to have surgery in 2-3 days in which he has agreed for (if he doesn't then it's possibly the end of the road :frown: ) and a lot of preperation needs to be done. It very much does hurt to see him very weak...

Thank you all for your support once again
Cheers

David

Hope you're doing okay, David, we're all thinking of you and the family and hoping for the best ♥️ I sincerely hope the surgery will go well, thank you for updating us
Original post by Quizlet
If you'd like to be tagged, please let me know. :smile:

People who wanted to be tagged:

Spoiler

Can you include me to please xxx
Original post by Quizlet
Hello!

I thought it would be nice to make a "my cancer journey" blog. The reason for this is I want to update people on my progress with chemotherapy and drugs etc. and also give an insight to people who may not have experienced cancer or seen cancer first hand what it's really like.

Don't be afraid to ask me any questions, I will answer any questions as long as it's sensible.

FAQ:

What type of cancer do I have?

Spoiler

What stage?

Spoiler

What drugs do I take?

Spoiler

Am I bald?

Spoiler

I'll try to keep you updated weekly at the least. :smile:

If you'd like to be tagged whenever there is an update, please let me know. Thanks.

Quizlet.

I've had so many friends and relatives who have and have had cancer and I think that cancer is AWFUL I have personally been doing some research into alternative natural medicines and treatments for cancers such as prostate cancer and I hope to make a change.👍🏼 Stay strong I'm proud of you!😆
Reply 151
I think I know how to "tag" now

Spoiler

Please read the recent updates on Quizlet of not done so already

David
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Quizlet

Spoiler

David
Worked perfectly thanks David :smile: Sorry I didn't see your message about tagging people last night until now!
Thanks for the morning update, glad he's got a bit of an appetite.
Sending strength and prayers to you and the family :heart:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Quizlet

Spoiler

David

Just read the recent updates...they were heartbreaking to say the least. I know death is inevitable but nobody deserves to pass so young; obviously I don't know him personally but I really hope this isn't the end of the road. I know it's easier said than done but do try and stay strong. I suppose it pays to be hopeful cause you never know what's around the corner! I'm not saying he'll make a miraculous recovery but he may get stronger and well enough to go outside again. Who knows?

I know it's cliché but I'm really sorry to hear about the pain he's been going through. I can't even imagine what it's like. Please pass on our well wishes if it's not too much of a hassle (unless you've done so already). I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you all but you're all in my thoughts. I hope he gets better! :frown:
Thank you for the updates David. I know it can't be easy for you at this time, so thank you for thinking about us.:heart:
Reply 155
An emergency update:

He has fallen unconcious, his skin is quite cool to touch and although he is eating a little, we believe it is causing him a great deal of discomfort so he will now be tube fed. Although Quizlet wants to have surgery, he will most likely need it sooner for gis survival. His doctors have warned that this is typically what happens when someone is near death and it is best to let things run its course. This is heartbreakening to hear, and we aren't if surgery will help at this point, the aim is to make him as comfortable as possible.

If he were to pass away, this account will not be used anymore- although it will not be deactivated. Can't believe cancer could take my best friend away.

Sorry for the bad news all of a sudden

David
Reply 156
Please read above.

Spoiler

Oh god this is so awful, keeping him in my thoughts and truly wish him well :cry2: :heart:
Thank you, David - he is in our thoughts and I'm sending positive vibes and truly hoping for the best.
Original post by Quizlet
An emergency update:

He has fallen unconcious, his skin is quite cool to touch and although he is eating a little, we believe it is causing him a great deal of discomfort so he will now be tube fed. Although Quizlet wants to have surgery, he will most likely need it sooner for gis survival. His doctors have warned that this is typically what happens when someone is near death and it is best to let things run its course. This is heartbreakening to hear, and we aren't if surgery will help at this point, the aim is to make him as comfortable as possible.

If he were to pass away, this account will not be used anymore- although it will not be deactivated. Can't believe cancer could take my best friend away.

Sorry for the bad news all of a sudden

David

Oh gosh, that's terrible! Again, I know it's really cliché but I really am sorry to hear about it. I don't know what else to say. I appreciate you taking the time to update us during this difficult time. <3 I'm the same age as you and Quizlet (assuming you're both 17 knowing you've both sat your AS exams) and I couldn't bear it if one of my friends were to pass...so goodness knows how you must be feeling! :frown:

Hypothetically speaking, if he were to pass, I hope it's as painless as possible and that he's surrounded by his family and friends. Wishing him (and you) all the very best. :smile:

Latest