The Student Room Group

BTEC ext dimploma animal management....or history

so growing up I always wanted to be a vet until last year I was convinced I wanted to be a history teacher. I sit my GCSEs in may/june and I don't know what to do after. I can either do A level history at my school or the BTEC at Riseholme. The problem is I don't want to be a vet and I'm struggling to see what I can do with the BTEC after and what careers I could do. Another problem is my parents are the kind of people that have to be convinced that its going to take me to a good paying job and I don't know what to do?
You can get into vet school with both A Levels and BTEC. Its one of those careers where experience is really important, if not more important than your subjects. Doing the BTEC will allow you into virtually any animal based career, vet, zookeeper etc. A Levels will keep your options open, but if you know Biology and Chemistry bores you (which is what you will need to study to be a vet if you go via A Levels) I suggest you pick the BTEC. History also leaves doors open to you if you do decide you want to go down a humanities route and you can do History alongside Chemistry and Biology which makes even more pathways open to you.

At the end of the day, pick what you feel is right. You have the whole of summer to think on it and decide.

Quick Reply

Latest