chrisjoy123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi

The deadline to make firms and insurance choice is less than 2 days away. I’m really struggling to make a choice between both unis for chemeng. They are both great in different ways. While Loughborough probably has a better chemeng department, Leeds is a better city and campus and stuff. The stats say that Leeds is better than Loughborough but that’s not what I know I should go solely off? HELP!!!! I wonder if anyone from both unis can give an insight on either side.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chrisjoy123)
Hi

The deadline to make firms and insurance choice is less than 2 days away. I’m really struggling to make a choice between both unis for chemeng. They are both great in different ways. While Loughborough probably has a better chemeng department, Leeds is a better city and campus and stuff. The stats say that Leeds is better than Loughborough but that’s not what I know I should go solely off? HELP!!!! I wonder if anyone from both unis can give an insight on either side.
Which did you prefer when you visited?

Toss a coin; heads is Leeds, tails is Loughborough. What do you get? Do you regret the winning result?

There's your choice...

Posted from TSR Mobile
chrisjoy123
Rep:
?
  • What is the course content like? What are the contact hours like? What is the learninng and assemsement style like?
  • What is the academic reputation of the university and the department?
  • What are the graduate employment rates?
  • What are the academic facilities like?
  • What is the local area like?
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi

Doonesbury gave the best solution. Do you mind me asking you a few questions about your stats because I also want to apply to the same universities for the same course.
chrisjoy123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Black Water)
Doonesbury gave the best solution. Do you mind me asking you a few questions about your stats because I also want to apply to the same universities for the same course.
Go ahead
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go ahead
Do you mind me asking what you got for GCSE’s, AS Level and what you’re predicted for A-Level? Also what subjects are you taking?
chrisjoy123
Rep:
?
Do you mind me asking what you got for GCSE’s, AS Level and what you’re predicted for A-Level? Also what subjects are you taking?
GCSEs 7a stars, 4a S
As 5As
A*AA
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
GCSEs 7a stars, 4a S
As 5As
A*AA
Nice your stats are really good. What subjects are you doing?
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
  • What is the course content like? What are the contact hours like? What is the learninng and assemsement style like?
  • What is the academic reputation of the university and the department?
  • What are the graduate employment rates?
  • What are the academic facilities like?
  • What is the local area like?

Hi chrisjoy123

You're not going to go far wrong whichever you choose. Both are great universities. If you love city life, the Leeds is a fab city, although there's loads to do in Loughborough - it's not in a city so if that's a deal breaker choose Leeds.

For course content, employability etc etc have a look here it'll answer mosy of your questions:
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergr...ineering-beng/

All I can suggest is to make a list of pros and cons, see which course will fit your career aspirations , faciltiies available to you (we have a new STEMLab which is fab) also for student experience, extra-curricular activities, and where it is you'd like to live.
That might help you decide.

Failing that - you could flip a coin

Whether you choose Loughborough or Leeds - you're going to have a great time, so go with your gut feeling.
Good luck with your decision!

Vicky
chrisjoy123
Rep:
?
Nice your stats are really good. What subjects are you doing?
Maths
Physics
chemistry
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maths
Physics
chemistry
Nice.
AiselAlaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi

hi! I know this is an old thread, but what did you go for in the end? im having the same problem!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (37)
17.45%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (62)
29.25%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (82)
38.68%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
12.26%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.36%

Watched Threads