What do I include in this PowerPoint?

Watch this thread
s817
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So we have to do a PowerPoint on a 4 week work experience placement but I didn't do a work experience placement, I did the alternative route of getting an external brief [I'm following a competition brief]. The PowerPoint must be reflective of the 4 weeks and say what I learnt but I'm stuck. I have no idea how to lay out the PowerPoint or what to write. The tutors didn't tell us how to, they just said it must be a reflection of your 4 week experience. Any ideas?
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by s817)
So we have to do a PowerPoint on a 4 week work experience placement but I didn't do a work experience placement, I did the alternative route of getting an external brief [I'm following a competition brief]. The PowerPoint must be reflective of the 4 weeks and say what I learnt but I'm stuck. I have no idea how to lay out the PowerPoint or what to write. The tutors didn't tell us how to, they just said it must be a reflection of your 4 week experience. Any ideas?
I don't know what an external brief is and google isn't telling me.

My first thought would have been 'do I really have to do this?' Seeing as you had an alternative route - maybe worth messaging tutors about this.

If not, don't overthink it too much, just list what you did, include pictures if relevant, then discuss the results of what you did (e.g. I came 2nd...), then what you learnt from it and how (it made me think about how to design ... and the feedback I got was...)

Basically, anything broadly related to what you did, what you achieved and what you learned.
s817
Rep:
(Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
I don't know what an external brief is and google isn't telling me.

My first thought would have been 'do I really have to do this?' Seeing as you had an alternative route - maybe worth messaging tutors about this.

If not, don't overthink it too much, just list what you did, include pictures if relevant, then discuss the results of what you did (e.g. I came 2nd...), then what you learnt from it and how (it made me think about how to design ... and the feedback I got was...)

Basically, anything broadly related to what you did, what you achieved and what you learned.
Thanks, that was helpful. An external brief is a live brief ie a competition you can enter which is what I am doing, a collaboration with a company or a brief given to you by a company. I have to do the PowerPoint because both the routes going on placement or not, we have to do a PowerPoint on what we did or we won't pass the module.
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by s817)
Thanks, that was helpful. An external brief is a live brief ie a competition you can enter which is what I am doing, a collaboration with a company or a brief given to you by a company. I have to do the PowerPoint because both the routes going on placement or not, we have to do a PowerPoint on what we did or we won't pass the module.
Oh cool, then I would say in the PowerPoint:

What was the brief?
How did you approach it? What research did you do?
What did the final product of your work look like?
What feedback, if any, did you get from the company?
s817
Rep:
(Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
Oh cool, then I would say in the PowerPoint:

What was the brief?
How did you approach it? What research did you do?
What did the final product of your work look like?
What feedback, if any, did you get from the company?
I will definitely include all that, thanks again for your help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
32.5%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (13)
32.5%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
5%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
5%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
7.5%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.5%

Watched Threads