The Student Room Group

Different revision techniques?

Does anyone have any different ideas about ways to revise?

I have tried mind maps and flash cards but they take too long to make and I never end up having enough time to actually revise the subject.
Any ideas?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by rosielynphillips

I have tried mind maps and flash cards but they take too long to make and I never end up having enough time to actually revise the subject.
Any ideas?

Whatever method you use, unless you have great memory it is ultimately going to involve revising them or going over them.

For subjects you already are good, you have good notes already, etc, do more practice, regardless of how much revision you've done, do more practice now it's close to exam.
Maybe vary what you use to revise, eg use YouTube, Internet, revision guides, and workbook.
Original post by Iahmed512
Whatever method you use, unless you have great memory it is ultimately going to involve revising them or going over them.

For subjects you already are good, you have good notes already, etc, do more practice, regardless of how much revision you've done, do more practice now it's close to exam.
Maybe vary what you use to revise, eg use YouTube, Internet, revision guides, and workbook.

Okay, Thank you
Reply 4
Teach it to someone else. This works, seriously. You retain much more info that way.
Original post by rosielynphillips

Any ideas?

Other than teaching like people said, get people to test you as well, for certain subjects you could do role play, my English teacher said about a student who revised by arguing about it for romeo and Juliet, and for certain things you could act it out but this would work well for english but not always for other subjects though.
Original post by Sinnoh
Teach it to someone else. This works, seriously. You retain much more info that way.

Okay, Thank you, I will try it!

Quick Reply

Latest